Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #190,641  
57 and fog here, too. Should see sun and 78 later.

Plow, you're gonna have a hard time choosing one of those handsome pups.

Most of this morning has been puppy training and coffee pourover making...but it gets cold before I can drink it. Looks like the phoebes are trying to get their babies to fledge today, so walking the long way around the shelter. The other young bluebirds and mockingbirds seemed to have survived and are thriving.

Rip, I'm behind on mowing, so if it dries, I'll be out there this afternoon, like you.

Ken, I bet that choral concert you posted the other day was great.

Ordered a puppy harness for leash training yesterday afternoon, and it was delivered this morning at 8am. I could get spoiled this way.

/ Good morning!!!! #190,642  
showered, shaved, picked up house, loaded rv, checked house again and final
thing was to pack the same Makita blower Popgadget's son is using. It lives by the steps in my rv, so I can blow the sand out.

Ken if everything grinds to a halt, we'll need a waterwheel out on the Delaware River. Maybe move that one over...

been killing time, ready to go but makes zero sense with monday morning commute.
looks like a nice day
squirted pollen off rv front, wiped that all down and cleaned the windows.
reminds me to take Windex out for inside.

glad to only have trivial things to worry about.
going to calmly go down the Blue Route, which of course is currently showing red on traffic.
which is why I wait...

/ Good morning!!!! #190,644  
Good Morning!!!! 58F @ 6:15AM. Sunny. High near 85F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph.

That's quite the harvest, Don. Congratulations!

They got all worn out just waiting for you, Mike!

Not bad for a bunch of old men, Paul🤭. Thanks for sharing!

No wonder my plasma cuts have so much dross on the back. I could never move as fast as your CNC, Kyle.

Fella was right on time to pick up the trailer yesterday, but not until after two and a half hours of seat time cutting really long grass with a bush hog. Always looks like a bad haircut when it gets that long. Too late to take pics of pretty green grass, Kyle. I missed the last of it while I was down in Orcutt last week. No worries, though, I have plenty of pics from previous years, some even with rainbows.

Hooked a bungee cord up to support the dangling light, then went up into the attic to disconnect the wire. It was then I heard an engine running on the driveway, so I climbed down to meet another neighbor that had stopped by to see if I could fix a battery charger for him. The power cord pulled out, and I couldn't guess where it was hooked up. But while he was there, I got his help to rig the trailer tongue up to the tractor forks, and we got it set up on end. He dropped the safety lockout on the FEL, then we braced it up with a 2x4 for good measure. Spent the rest of the afternoon wire wheeling the underside, then treating with POR-15 Metal Prep. I hope to get a couple coats of POR-15 paint on it today, and get it back down on the wheels.

IMG_2786.JPG

More bites on the stuff for sale, but just "is it available" and low ball offers, needing no response from me. All it takes is the right person to stumble over the ad...

/ Good morning!!!! #190,645  
No wonder my plasma cuts have so much dross on the back. I could never move as fast as your CNC, Kyle.

Having tbe CNC plasma table has taught me a lot about plasma cutting. Torch height, cut speed, current and voltage and air pressure all have an impact. When you get them all right, the result is really impressive.

IMG_4154.jpg

This part required no clean up. Naturally, I didn’t take pictures of parts where it didn’t all come together, but there is a huge difference. Especially in stainless steel when you are using air rather than nitrogen to cut.

/ Good morning!!!! #190,647  
Good morning! Low of 52°, heading towards 82°. Some high clouds, no chance of rain, humidity is at 8-10%.

Paul, good sound! I'm still trying to figure out how you squeeze so much in..... pilot, hvac tech, speaker builder, alpaca rancher, grounds maintenance, general contractor, --- whew, now I'm wore out just thinking about what you do....
How do you sit still in the planes for so long?

Plow hog, Cute puppy pics! ---- just too cute! You're going to have loads of fun!

Drew, have a safe trip! Enjoy the time with friends and good food.

RNG, hope you can get all the items sold easily and not too many 'tire kickers'.... sounds like they started already.....

All quiet on the western front here.... hope it stays this way at least for a little bit.....
BIL is going to come and visit the first week of August. He'll have a peaceful visit here.

Did have a chance to get a couple more planters made and installed. It was interesting getting them around the existing trees. Just removed one side. Was hoping to just pry open one corner, but couldn't get it to open wide enough. Still have to remove the tpost stakes.

IMG_1362.jpeg

Most of the spring blooms have finished, summer blooms on the way....

IMG_1366.jpegIMG_1365.jpegIMG_1364.jpeg

Birds are tearing through the feeders, 2 feeders maybe lasting a day. The one crazy bird is still trying to build a nest on the back porch. I clear the debris 3-4 times a day... one would think after a week + of clearing, it would go elsewhere.....

Anybody hear from Bird? There was someone asking about him in another thread. He hasn't posted since Sept. last year. Hope he's ok.

Everyone have a great start to the week!

/ Good morning!!!! #190,648  
Always amazed that Don is harvesting potatoes when I'm planting them, although I could plant a little earlier, but we never do. Always chance of frost here till mid May.
Nice pup pic.
Wngsprd, looks like the pup will keep you off the trails for awhile.
Popgadget, congrats on breaking ground.

Since the lot we liked in WV fell through, we might just build in VA after all. will see.. I have drawn various different house plans, from small cabins to full house with basement. Kind of decided where ever we build, to make the initial house a little bigger than a cabin, but not full size. Right now I'm at 28 x 40 ft on a slab, which is just under the floorspace of my current first floor. That will have 2 bedroom in back half with a full bath between them, Open front half with living space, and small kitchen on the end. Just basics in the kitchen.
Original cabin plans were much smaller, just a couple rooms, then it keeps growing. Cabin I had planned for WV was 28x32. The 28 x 40 takes the full size plan (28 x 52) and cuts off the master bath, laundry mud room from one end. This puts the end wall where there would be a wall already in the full size plan. I figure if we decide to make it a full time thing, we could add those on later. Still debating a basement. My thought is if you put in footers and a 4 ft stem wall, might as well put in 8 ft wall and have a basement. Makes plumbing so much easier, but adds the cost of another 3.5 yds of concrete, more forming, floor joists and decking instead of just a slab on grade. Plus in VA frost is not that deep, so might be able to get away with 2 ft stem wall, I need to check. (it's 24")
Been looking at SIPS panels again also, like woodchuckdad used down near Charlottesville. I want to keep it simple. Things like porches can be added later.

Snagglepuss left another dead bird outside yesterday.

Last edited: