Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #190,071  
Cut holes in the ends of my forks with the new plasma cutter and welded some chain hooks to some rods. Now I have 2 chain hooks that bolt onto the forklift blades. I raised the 7 ft flail up chest height and easily cleaned up the knicks on the flail hammers. I've been mowing regularly since January, it's been a wet year.
Enjoyed making the job so easy. Looking forward to all chain lifting tasks now with the little CAT. Will post some pics later of this operation. Time to kick back now and recoup, then charge batteries and load the van later for an RC outing in the AM.

/ Good morning!!!! #190,076  
Good (Friday) morning. Overnight Low of 11.8C and it's presently 15.5C, overcast with rain & calm. There was 29.7mm in the gauge @ 0900. The tanks are more than full.

I did receive a call back from the liming bloke. Short story is that he'll send me an estimate and should get around to 'us' in 3-4 weeks. Fair enough.

Rainy day so a relaxing indoor day is 'planned'.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #190,077  
I have a Mountain Laurel and they are very early spring bloomers - about the same as Redbud trees. I'd go with NHBX.
Yes, probably. All my Mountain Laurels have bloomed and the blooms are gone pretty quickly. But some areas may be different. It sure looked like a mountain laurel in that pic.
Here's what the mountain laurel here looks like...
I've heard of and seen pictures of white ones but never have seen a white on myself. Ours are all deep blue/purple. They smell great but blooms don't last very long. Maybe a week or so.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-05-09 at 8.27.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-05-09 at 8.27.37 PM.png
    438.4 KB · Views: 18
   / Good morning!!!! #190,078  
Adding 2% to a service bill because the staff is underpaid (n). Sounds like an employer problem not the customer's.
Take it off the tip :LOL:
Somewhere I read the other day somebody said if they order standing up they don't tip. Sounds reasonable to me. Although I might throw a buck or two on the table if there was actually any service to speak of.

/ Good morning!!!! #190,079  
Took a two hour nap feel better but ring ears still going on.

Glad you are better Drew, thanks Thomas, glad you got hammers sharpened, mountain laurel beautiful

Everyone have a great night

/ Good morning!!!! #190,080  
Decided to go the dine in. 2% add on for Kitchen staff. Separate charge, not part of tip.
Where I was raised tips were shared with the backroom staff.
I'd just make a point to tell them I deducted 2% from the tip.
have a question on black beans for you bean lovers.
I buy the cheap stuff in cans and it comes in a light goop.
what if I buy uncooked black beans and cook them, are they a lot better?
I like the earthy flavor it gives the dish, and they are clearly a healthy food.
I'm partial to pinto beans and buy them in Walmart's 8 lb bags. They keep for years.
As far as cooking dried beans, you can easily cook them "al dente" or mushy, it's your choice.