Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #190,611  
Ron, that's a great pic! What memories. Pull that mainsheet in!

Those cuts look great, is there any dross on the back side? How thick was the material?
Yes on the dross. Not real bad, most would come off with a heavy duty scraper, but a grinder would do a better job.
Metal is .071 thick, supposed to be 14 gage .075". We have been learning. On smaller cuts, pockets need to be at least 3/16" wide, or else it's better to just do 1 cut straight down the centerline. We are using cutter comp on cuts that are not just single line, to keep the kerf inside the lines. Our machine has stepper motors, which limits feedrates to 175 ipm. Should cut up to 240-270ipm or more at the .071 thickness, BUT, a big But, we have found that for tight detail cuts with a lot of geometry directional changes, to slow our machine's feedrate down to 50 or 60ipm. This greatly increases the controller/machine to be more accurate in following the geometry. I know of this from working with CNCs since 1978. The newer machines have acceleration/deceleration tables, and can look ahead in the code to know when a "hard right" is coming up. This Torchmate does not have that, and it struggles with tight stuff. Accuracy comes with slower feedrates on most machines. The parts I pictured are about 8" or 10" square. It's when you try to cut them in 4" square that you really have to pay attention. We are starting to make separate files for the smaller 4x4" stuff, mostly single line cuts.

I have to admit, my young brainy student worker has really taken to Fusion 360. that's a good thing because in his later classes, he'll have a good head start. I still want to finish a working post processor for Mastercam.

Church was great. BBQ luncheon after church with potluck. So much food! Worn out from yesterday. Had bbq yesterday at wedding, and today too, but it's OK, we are Texans and it's ok to have bbq for days in a row. Just makes you smell a little like burnt post oak. LOL :)

Need to try and go make amends with the cat, to let her know she can still trust me. I did yell at her, and she was trying her best to get away, but I had closed off her exit....I'm a dog person. Cats are nobody's forte. You might think so, but they'll throw in a twist when you least expect it.

/ Good morning!!!! #190,612  
Good Morning!

I didn't get through all the posts but here goes so I can finish mowing and start preparing for tomorrow. I'll be lucky if I get to check in much at all next week.

The powers that be are talking next week sometime. Right leg still pretty weak.
Hope that gets resolved soon! Get well soon!

Guys lost H&F, but the Garlic Honey Shrimp stir fry was excellent.
I bet that shrimp made up for the loss, sounds delicious!

Had to pick up several more large branches that had come down since I cleaned up in the spring. Might be the first time I've mowed all of my property here in the same day.
Got some work cut out there. Will you be clearing out all of those small trees?

Was good afternoon...cut clean another tall dead pine tree by the driveway :) thank goodness for hydraulics
Glad to see you were out there getting with it, Thomas! Hope you are doing well!

Everyone have a great Sunday afternoon and eat some ice cream, preferrably home made. Prayers for Our Nation!

/ Good morning!!!! #190,615  
65F cloudy.

Been good day...finish trimming front and side field,had do lot extra trimming front field mostly soggy :( seem to be heavy growth of dandelions this compare year back :unsure:
Blackflies were hungry only remove 7 tics from me. 🙄

Plans for the evening...I smell home cooking and told stay away from it. :oops:Feet up share bowl ice cream watch some YT until eye's get heavy.

Enjoy your evening all.

/ Good morning!!!! #190,617  
Good Evening TBS,
Here is one of our Tiny Tornados !!😉
And the other Tiny Tornado !

Attachments

• IMG_8940.jpeg
    IMG_8940.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3899.png
    IMG_3899.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 32