IMHO THIS TRACTOR PUTS JD TO SHAME!

/ IMHO THIS TRACTOR PUTS JD TO SHAME! #81  
Yes, that's one method, here you can buy the animal before slaughter and then pay for the slaughter and processing of the meat but it should be much easier, but it's not difficult to understand the reason for the regulations but I as an individual should be able to take the risk, no problem if I had to sign a paper or something and personal take the responsibility for the quality of the food.

I have been part of pig slaughter in the old fashion way and I have no problems understanding that slaughtering an animal in the farm yard in the summer is a very different process Vs a production line, but still it should be my choice. Do you have mobile slaughter services in the US?
I’ve been around the slaughter of pigs, chickens, cows and goats… but always Austria on the farm and these farms all had Fendts in the barn for the new tractor.

Sell a little land and pay cash for the Fendt.

My young California nieces… oldest 10 at the time were traveling and we wanted to connect with some relatives who we had not seen in decades and only had one day in the schedule.

The relatives said come any time but the only day we could was pig slaughter and sausage making.

My brother said no way but the girls said daddy, when will we ever be here again…

Brother said ok but just meet and greet and out.

The meat inspector had been scheduled so the date was fixed.

The girls had no issues and their same age counter parts were so excited because the farmer father told the 3 boys all the sausage they could eat tonight.

In short we stayed to very late and all took turns making tens of kilos of sausage… the best I have ever had… the girls thought small was better so a platter of link sized they made.

Sometimes parents project too much and kids can figure things out themselves…. that was 12 years ago and they still remember that day inside the Fendt cab going to the field and all the sausage they made to eat…

The only negative I’ve heard about Fendt is cost but Deere is also very costly there.

/ IMHO THIS TRACTOR PUTS JD TO SHAME! #82  
Yes, but the food culture in those regions are very
different, we have an extremely rigorous set of rules, almost impossible to sell food without sending it through the industrial production lines, if you want to slaughter and sell meat you must have an approved small scale slaughter house, you must have a veterinary present and a myriad of regulations, you can only use the meat in your own household if you dont follow the rules, you are not allowed to give it a way, not sure you can serve it outside you own family, its the idea that people can't be responsible for anything, I can't be trusted to make a decision that I do find this meat good enough for me and I accept the small risk it is to buy outside the normal channels. I don't think Italians have the same rigid rules. Same with milk, not allowed to sell raw milk and so on. The industrial food industry doesn't like small and local sales...
I remember some unique open markets in Italy.

I'll have to see what the community farm sells.

I've been to one farm store with a variety of locally grown fruit and produce, but that may have less regulation than animal products.

Eggs are commonly sold with very little oversight. Just bring an egg carton. One farm I've seen had a refrigerator in the back and self serve get the eggs.

But, this farm I pass regularly seems to have a variety of animals, including what appear to be feeder chickens for meat.

Stores sell almost exclusively pasteurized milk. I loved the sterilized milk one could buy in Italy. Just throw the carton in the closet until it was time to open it. I think some of the community farms can sell unpasturized cow and goat milk, and I'm not sure about the regulations with respect to it.

/ IMHO THIS TRACTOR PUTS JD TO SHAME! #83  
Milk is a thing, here in Scandinavia milk is a common thing to drink, I often drink a liter or more a day and I was very unhappy when I traveled for the first time to Wien, found no fresh, normal milk, just some plastic bottles with highly processed milk. It was available in the hotel but I could not have it in my room as I normally do.

But the food changes a bit if you move south and east in Europe. Northern Germany was "normal" but my order for nonalcoholic beer did not compute and when i showed up for breakfast in Jeans and a T-shirt at the hotel I obviously broke some social rules as all the other guests were dressed up ;)

/ IMHO THIS TRACTOR PUTS JD TO SHAME!
Someone said that Kubota you can get parts in how may
days?? If you drop a clutch on a Kubota can you get parts
and have it repaired in 48 hours??? The Fendt tractor is
way way ahead for service and if a tractor is under warranty why would you want to purchase parts??
This in into on the Vario 200 94 hp
  • FendtONE – seamlessly connecting machine and office
  • Comfort cab with 100° panoramic view
  • Fendt Guide lane guidance for unrivaled productivity
  • Front power lift with load-relief control for perfect implement control and traction
  • FendtONE driver's workstation: intuitive control with 10" dashboard and console
  • Three equipment options: Power, Profi and Profi+
  • Fendt DynamicPerformance: smart power boost concept
  • Vario added power: save up to 7% on time and up to 9% on diesel
  • Front axle suspension with anti-roll control for up to 7% more area coverage
  • Low center of gravity and extremely safe on a slope
Maybe they will be in the compact tractor market

willy

/ IMHO THIS TRACTOR PUTS JD TO SHAME! #85  
Not every small producer, but I'm sure you've seen them in your area.
I know a guy who has a huge commercial plumbing business, huge $$$.
He does beef and his JD dealer loves his and I'm sure his neighbor farmers have a little bit of contempt or jealousy towards him. (understandably).
What's the old saying? How do you make a million dollars farming, start with 2 million. 😄

Theres no way a small hay producer can make a living off 100 round bales, unless you inherited ALL the equipment, barns and land (got it for free) OR you have another line of business that makes $$$
100 round bales might be what $10,000? You still have fuel, insurance, repairs, net wrap. coming out of that, so what are you left with? Maybe $3,000? Probably $0 :oops:

Last edited:
   / IMHO THIS TRACTOR PUTS JD TO SHAME! #86  
The guy that I mentioned really has agriculture as a passion. He's successful enough to pay people to run his commercial plumbing business while he raise his cattle and their feed full time. I believe that he's in his early 40's!
I'm guilty of being envious, but certainly don't hold his success against him although it probably started as a good write off.

/ IMHO THIS TRACTOR PUTS JD TO SHAME! #87  
Maybe they will be in the compact tractor market
It is quite likely the US selection and European selection of tractors are different. The 200 series is around 100 HP, give or take a bit, so just a little larger than the typical compact.

However, the demands of big commercial farmers and small plot farmers are different. So the 48 hour warranty coverage may not seem as important to the small farmers.

Although, there are many time critical operations. We seem to be a little drier now than in the past, but I can remember many tight windows for cutting/raking/baling/ and getting hay into the barn before it rains.