IMHO THIS TRACTOR PUTS JD TO SHAME!

/ IMHO THIS TRACTOR PUTS JD TO SHAME! #31  
They're coming; of course farms have to continue existing to buy new equipment.
There are a couple Fendt's in the area, but no dealership anywhere close by. You just about can't swing a cat without hitting a Deere or Kubota dealership.

I live in a very rural area, but there aren't huge farms. So, I expect that Fendt's won't make a huge showing (or change) in my region.

They have nothing under 94 hp. Until they expand their line, they won't grow to the size of Kubota or Deere. Comparing an apple to an apple, they stand out against a comparable large Deere or Kubota tractor. But, they won't touch the sub compact and compact market unless they offer something. So, when comparing an individual tractor, there's virtue. When comparing the company, they are missing a HUGE market, and are no comparison.

Last edited:
   / IMHO THIS TRACTOR PUTS JD TO SHAME! #32  
There are a couple Fendt's in the area, but no dealership anywhere close by. You just about can't swing a cat without hitting a Deere or Kubota dealership.

I live in a very rural area, but there aren't huge farms. So, I expect that Fendt's won't make a huge showing (or change) in my region.

They have nothing under 94 hp. Until they expand their line, they won't grow to the size of Kubota or Deere. Comparing an apple to an apple, they stand out against a comparable large Deere or Kubota tractor. But, they won't touch the sub compact and compact market unless they offer something. So, when comparing an individual tractor, there's virtue. When comparing the company, they are missing a HUGE market, and are no comparison.

You have a dealer 35 miles from Love, VA near Harrisonburg called Agriteer.
They are an AGCO dealer and probably the largest Fendt dealer in the Eastern US.

/ IMHO THIS TRACTOR PUTS JD TO SHAME! #33  
A quarter million house is a fixer upper in many locations.

Yeah. I know. I don't live there, I live here, and I still can't afford it.

Thanks for working hard to keep reality right in my sights, lest I drift off to a world as crazy and unrealistic as 5 years ago.

My tractor and my truck combined don't add up to a modern mortgage payment, it's ******* disgusting.

/ IMHO THIS TRACTOR PUTS JD TO SHAME! #34  
Don't think Fendt is interested in the small tractor segment, here Fendt has a 78 hp tractor but the price is a tad under 100000$ if I remember correctly, not particularly cheap...

/ IMHO THIS TRACTOR PUTS JD TO SHAME! #35  
A guy making 100 round bales with a 90HP kubota doesn’t need a Fendt.
:ROFLMAO:
If you want to go back to making smart arsed comments about something you know absolutely nothing about, I can start making smart arsed comments about you bailing mulch hay and selling it to mushroom growers for bedding. I don't make mulch hay, all the hay I make is high grade vernal alfalfa and it's all sold before I even cut it and has been for the last 5 years, cash on the barrel head and I make a tad more than 100 bales anyway. FYI, I was just offered another 25 acres of fallow ground to fit up (amendments and seed with vernal alfalfa) and run on shares because the owner knows I pre sell all of the hay so no fiddling with customers at all and I told him I was not interested. I gear what I do to what I can handle alone and being 74 years old, I don't want any additional ground. In fact, I presently have too much and will probably cut back next year and as far as my Kubota M9's are concerned, they both fit my power requirements perfectly, are very fuel efficient and need little upkeep other than routine maintenance plus they are paid for long ago. I don't need big fancy units like you and I don't need to make large squares because my one customer is geared for rounds only.

I have no desire to be a 'big' operator like you, never have been. I grow and harvest certified high quality alfalfa hay and it will stay that way, despite your snarky comments. When you make comments like that, that tells me you are a shallow thinking person. I took you off 'ignore' simply because I thought you matured a bit. I'm thinking you have not. One more snarky comment and you are back on ignore and I'll leave it at that.

/ IMHO THIS TRACTOR PUTS JD TO SHAME! #36  
If you want real-world experience on Fendts and how they stack up to other brands (JD, CaseIH) go check out the 'Mike Mitchell' YouTube channel. He runs a very large farming operation in southern Saskatchewan and uses tons of different equipment. Has plenty of Fendt and plenty of other tractors & combines. Fendts are great but they have their issues too. The models with non-M.A.N. engines are apparently real biotches to start in cold temps. It's kinda like the situation with major automakers or motorcycle manufacturers these days... Some brands excel at some things, some excel at others, they're all pretty good. By no means is Fendt head and shoulders above all others.

/ IMHO THIS TRACTOR PUTS JD TO SHAME! #37  
the first 25 post have said it all... very nice, great quality, fantastic to use, popular on other side of world, etc...

The one thing not yet said is downtime.... JD and Kubota have the shortest commercial downtime ratings in our area (probably in N.A.). Both dealers around me deliver parts 24 hours a day / 7 days a week right to a GPS location in a field.

Unless a competitor can beat these downtime numbers and quick service/parts commercial users (us guys that require our equipment to make a living) will never consider changing as we only have limited windows to make our work and need our equipment up and running. Downtime can be wickedly expensive.

other than the odd Hutterite colony, in our area not too many of us have good / used 1/4 million dollar tractors standing by in case primary equipment breaks.

But I sure wouldn't be ashamed to own one if the luxury of parts and service was a non issue.
One nice aspect of me owning 2 M9's and now a Kubota round bailer and most likely a new Kubota center point disc machine is, besides working for my dealer part time, delivering new units and fiddling in the shop and most likely causing extra work for the tech's is I get all my required parts and filters as well as Kubota lubricants delivered to the farm and no charge. I call Greg (parts manager), I tell him what I need and he pulls the necessary stuff and drops it off himself (he lives about 2 miles from here) so that works for me perfectly. Why would I ever consider owning anything else but Kubota.

I have to admit that Kubota don't make their own hay tools, just badged Kubota but made in Italy but still warranted by them. In fact I have ongoing issues with my new round bailer (forage wrapping on the main drive roll) and my dealer is adding an additional scraper assembly to it (it's there presently) at no cost to me what so ever. In fact it was authorized by the Kubota regional rep. I cannot find any fault with my dealer and never have. They treat me like family and always have. In fact I bought my open station used from a JD dealer 400 miles from here, had it delivered to my dealer and it's considered as one of theirs and if I need anything that requires dealer intervention, it get dealt with promptly just like my other Cab unit I did buy there.

/ IMHO THIS TRACTOR PUTS JD TO SHAME! #38  
Don't think Fendt is interested in the small tractor segment, here Fendt has a 78 hp tractor but the price is a tad under 100000$ if I remember correctly, not particularly cheap...
You get what you pay for.
Kubota don’t come with a 3yr, 3,000 hour warranty and free 48 hour tractor replacement.

/ IMHO THIS TRACTOR PUTS JD TO SHAME! #39  
If you want real-world experience on Fendts and how they stack up to other brands (JD, CaseIH) go check out the 'Mike Mitchell' YouTube channel. He runs a very large farming operation in southern Saskatchewan and uses tons of different equipment. Has plenty of Fendt and plenty of other tractors & combines. Fendts are great but they have their issues too. The models with non-M.A.N. engines are apparently real biotches to start in cold temps. It's kinda like the situation with major automakers or motorcycle manufacturers these days... Some brands excel at some things, some excel at others, they're all pretty good. By no means is Fendt head and shoulders above all others.

I have a AGCO/Challenger with a Sisu diesel. You’d think it would be a great cold starting engine since afterall, it’s made in Finland.

But it’s not lol

I have also heard when buying used fendt, it’s best to hunt you down one with a MAN diesel. The Deutz’s are less popular. My dealer was close to selling me one, but advised me some of the Deutz equipped models were giving them troubles

/ IMHO THIS TRACTOR PUTS JD TO SHAME! #40  
Far as I'm concerned ANY post 4 computer controlled emissions compliant high pressure common rail tractor, with any sort of after treatment (SCR, DEF injection or particulate cannister) will, at some point, require dealer or authorized by the manufacturer) intervention and that encompasses all brands, so it would not be a prudent investment in any unit where the nearest servicing dealer is hundreds of miles away. Look at how many new posts come on here with people owning small tractors and having emissions related issues. Probably a good percentage of them transpire from not reading the owners manuals and following the correct regen procedures but I do get to see not only them in the shop, but larger (as in over 120 horse) units in the shop with emissions issues as well).

That ain't for me and never will be. I was brought up under the guideline that if there was no smoke, there was no fire and both mine smoke if loaded hard.