King Kutter quality plummeted

/ King Kutter quality plummeted #11  
Production welders with squirt guns.

/ King Kutter quality plummeted #12  
I have 3 KK products. Both are durable and the price was right. They have held up to my heavy demand at times and not fail. My only grip is their paint. No primer under it. KK is sold in many of the farm stores in the region.

I went with KK on the 5ft straight blade cause the used ones sold on CL or FB were beat up and wanting more money.

The KK disc harrow has impressed me more than a few times. Again, the used and abused stuff out there was the same price.

Lastly, the brush mower has taken so much of a beating, I'm surprised it's still all in one piece. It's a stump jumper too. No failures from PTO shaft, gearbox, blades and the stump pan. Yep, it too has the flaky paint.

Otherwise, if their paint held up, I would recommend their products more often. If I repaint, it will be red like the tractor. ;)

/ King Kutter quality plummeted #13  
The real issue is going to be what you Can't see. I would much prefer quality gear box, ugly welds, and red oxide primer; over pretty welds, good paint, and crap mechanics or crap steel. The issue is, you can't realistically know the important things. I would Guess that if the appearance of paint/welds are bad, they probably cut corners where it actually matters. You can always reweld or repaint; but if you bend a frame/trash a gear box, it's a lot harder/more expensive.
The supply chain is broken in many ways by either materials or talented people. To find a good welder these days is very very very difficult. Who wants a job like that 8 or more hours a day. It's a tough life day-in and day-out.

Robotic welders are an option too. Yet, finding the talented people to program the robots and deal with the variables as the climate changes in the factory can be a chore too.

I'm just pleased my KK stuff is durable and works. It has not let me down either.

/ King Kutter quality plummeted #14  
The supply chain is broken in many ways by either materials or talented people. To find a good welder these days is very very very difficult. Who wants a job like that 8 or more hours a day. It's a tough life day-in and day-out.

Robotic welders are an option too. Yet, finding the talented people to program the robots and deal with the variables as the climate changes in the factory can be a chore too.

I'm just pleased my KK stuff is durable and works. It has not let me down either.

Geeze if I can’t weld it I have a dozen better at it than me to chose from.

/ King Kutter quality plummeted #15  
Geeze if I can’t weld it I have a dozen better at it than me to chose from.
But are they production factory welders getting paid probably around $20-25 an hour ?

I know people talk welders make sooo much money their drowning in it but a lot of the production welding jobs(building trailers, rail cars etc), that out number pipe fitting jobs don't pay that great.

/ King Kutter quality plummeted #17  
But are they production factory welders getting paid probably around $20-25 an hour ?

I know people talk welders make sooo much money their drowning in it but a lot of the production welding jobs(building trailers, rail cars etc), that out number pipe fitting jobs don't pay that great.
Home depot and harbor freight are paying $17hr here starting pay for a entry level job. That's why theres nothing made in southern NY.

/ King Kutter quality plummeted #18  

I've seen trailers where they used a torch to blast holes in the frame for wiring to pass thru. Metal splatter and no rubber grommet. Ship it!

It was reported that up in the RV/house-trailer industry that blueprints have a note to flag certain features: PTF,PTM. "Pound to fit, paint to match"

/ King Kutter quality plummeted
Same here. I have a KK tiller, rotary cutter, and carryall and they all have functioned as expected and at a good cost.
Me too. I have a tiller, box blade and subsoiler from KK. I've been very happy and I've been a chief advocate for KK for years. That ended when I saw the state of their current products. If they can fix their issues I'll be back supporting them. But this is such a drastic shift in quality I felt people should know.

/ King Kutter quality plummeted #20  
Just like what many manufactures have been saying for years...."It's sure hard getting good help nowadays".