Kioti compared to big 3?

/ Kioti compared to big 3? #1  

Anonymous Poster

I have been looking at buying one of the big 3 tractors in the 30 to 35 HP range but, the prices on the Kioti line are very attractive. I am wondering how they compare aside from the lack of available HST, which is a factor. Closest dealer is going to be at least 2-3 hours away.

I am also looking for the best values in attachments - rugged but, reasonably priced. I will want to get FEL, box blade, tiller, post hole digger, and wood chipper.

Thanks

/ Kioti compared to big 3? #2  
I looked at them seriously and got some very attractive prices (enough that would have bought you one of your implements or two.)

I think that Kioti is world-class: they make stuff that is equal to or superior to green, blue or the other orange. They come with lots of things that are optional on others. They are the only lesser-known tractor maker that controls all aspects of its manufacturing and distribution.

The only items I found to be a little lesser were the seat, the tilt-wheel adjustment, and that you need to open the hood to check the oil.

I really wanted and DK50 with and 1590 loader (self-leveling: very cool /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif), but found another deal I couldn't resist.

The DK35 should be good for you requirments.

Mark

/ Kioti compared to big 3?
You will have a hard time finding any negative comments, references to problems or design flaws relating to Kioti tractors. I was sold on one of the big three and by chance stopped to look under a Kioti, with only somewhat of an open mind. The wife and I test drove a Kioti DK40 and she felt that she could handle a clutch and shuttle shift. In the end, we opted for a larger Hp model. Kioti tractors are not the Cadillac's of tractors, but the value and build quality was enough to sway us. So far, so good. Daedong owns a foundry, gear cutting factory, chain mfg. plant, information systems company and of course Kioti USA. Daedong owns other manufacturing facilities which produce cable assemblies, dc motors, solenoids and injection molded products. Kioti has three large part warehouses in the USA, but you must go through an authorized dealer to obtain parts and accessories (Whole Goods). They will however drop ship parts and accessories to your front door. Things I found out after taking delivery of the tractor and reading the shop manual were: 50 amp alternator, vortex swirl combustion design, Bosch ktype pump, bevel cut gears on rear and front axils, Titan Rubber tires, 625 or larger cca battery-can't remember, adjustable valve lash, forged cast iron pistons and lots of heavy cast iron parts-no aluminum. You might want to narrow down to a price/big three company/model and then go take a look at a Kioti in your price range and see what you get. Dealer prices seem to vary from what others have said. Lastly, I do not have any affiliation with Kioti and will not monetarily benefit from any of my comments.

Attachments

• 249193-Img_0158.jpg
    249193-Img_0158.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 398
Kioti has a 30hp hydrostat in the pipeline scheduled for rollout late this year or earlier next year. I was speaking to a Kioti dealer last week, he commented, he wished some of his Kioti's, that he has sold, would come in for service, because he sure could use the business in his service department....he reminded me of the Maytag repairman. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Kioti compared to big 3? #5  
I went with the big 3. I am not sorry that I did. I think I will get a decent return should I sell. Given this, I would definitely look seriously at Kioti, should I be in the market again. The company is up and coming and you do get more "spec" for the dollar.

Buck

/ Kioti compared to big 3? #6  
I'm in the same situation that you are. I'm shopping for a 35 - 40 hp tractor, and will be for awhile yet. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif I really like those DK's. And I can live without HST if I need to, although by the time I'm ready to pull the trigger they'll probably have all of their models with HST. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Anyway, I've tried to be fair to all models and give them all a chance, but I always seem to come back to the Kioti. The closest dealer to me is about an hour and a half away, but I figure I could live with that if need be. Did you check through Kioti's website for closer dealers? I thought the closest one to me was about 3 hours away, but then I stumbled on this closer one through the website.

I guess the one really negative thing I've heard about Kioti's is concerning the owners manual. It's poorly written and very hard to decipher. Maybe one of the guys that has one can better describe the problems.

Good luck on your search! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Kioti compared to big 3? #7  
Having been a John Deere owner and spent many hours on several differant model Kubota tractors I can tell you my DK 35 is every bit the tractor they are !!

/ Kioti compared to big 3? #8  
TractorTruck,

Very interesting thread. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rsquared, I liked your (somewhat open mind) you sound like me!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

When I was looking for a tractor, I looked at the big 3. My big 3 is John Deere, New Holland, and Massey Ferguson, not Kubota. I can't remember the exact model numbers I was looking at, but the Deere was a 5210.

I am a truck driver and had a delivery to a Kioti dealer. I had never heard of Kioti and had never seen one. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif While delivering the freight I decided to look at them. I became impressed while looking at them. They looked so stout, and to me the axles look heavier than the big 3 which was a big factor to me. After getting some prices I was really impressed /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tractor weight was a big factor to me also. A tractor that has some mass will kick some **** as I like to say /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The shuttle shift is terrific, gobs of power, tremendous lifting power. 2 features that I really like are front diff lock, and able to raise and lower the hydraulics from the rear of the tractor,,,, very nice feature.

Mine you check the oil without raising the hood.

My slightly open mind has been completely open now!!!

RedDog <font color="orange"> Kioti DK65, R4's, Sunshade, 1730 Loader </font>

RedDog,

I think that the longevity of a Kioti tractor will boil down to its metallurgy. They are massive enough to make you think they will last, but was a competent team of Metallurgists doing their job. I'd like to know who makes their bearings-that's another big reliability factor. My wife seems to enjoy using it (see attachment in first post) and she is showing some pride that she can. We thought that our DK45 is a beast; your DK65 must be a rabid badger.

/ Kioti compared to big 3? #10  
I have an LK 3054 with around 800 hours, and I will say the tractor really works. I have repaired only the tachometer cable and replaced the sight plug in the transmission, though I have also replaced a few grease fitting due to poor assembly. I would buy another kioti in a minute.