[KUBOTA B3200] Grader Blade / Box Blade Recommendation for Driveway Maintenance

/ [KUBOTA B3200] Grader Blade / Box Blade Recommendation for Driveway Maintenance
So,
1) those numbers clearly aren't right; the weight is anything from a low of 2,410 pounds per CY (1.2 tons) to 2700 lbs per CY (1.35 tons).
My numbers were wrong. You are correct.

2) I'm going to have to mention my ignorance; Freeze Thaw, all advice I have given I based on personal/professional experience in North FLa and South-South Centralish GA.
You've been great, learned a lot already.

Based on the similar situations, specs, and your low traffic volume; I "think" 4" of this crusher run will be fine on top of a firm subgrade. But what I am saying; specifically pay attention to what other northern/NE people say.
I totally understand, it is informational and I need to keep on peeling this onion off.

Coming back to equipment, what would you recommend for one single attachment that will allow me to bring a (4) loads of 15 cubic yards of crusher runner and decently, not perfectly, spread along my driveway?

I've been reading a lot about the box blade, rear blade and grading scrapers. I can't figure out which one would be the 1. best bang for the buck, 2. easiest to learn for a first timer.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

/ [KUBOTA B3200] Grader Blade / Box Blade Recommendation for Driveway Maintenance #72  
My numbers were wrong. You are correct.

You've been great, learned a lot already.

I totally understand, it is informational and I need to keep on peeling this onion off.

Coming back to equipment, what would you recommend for one single attachment that will allow me to bring a (4) loads of 15 cubic yards of crusher runner and decently, not perfectly, spread along my driveway?

I've been reading a lot about the box blade, rear blade and grading scrapers. I can't figure out which one would be the 1. best bang for the buck, 2. easiest to learn for a first timer.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
For a Single impliment; front end loader on your 4x4 tractor. You can move piles, scatter base, grade, back drag, ect.

To get a nice grade or maintain, I think Box Blade; but as someone mentioned, a rear blade with Guage wheels does about the same thing, and somewhat more, by angling the blade, you can pull material into a windrow, or pull material off the shoulders back into the roadway.

/ [KUBOTA B3200] Grader Blade / Box Blade Recommendation for Driveway Maintenance #73  
There isn't a single magic tool that will make it easy; however there are many that will do the job with practice and patience (and frustration).

/ [KUBOTA B3200] Grader Blade / Box Blade Recommendation for Driveway Maintenance #74  
So best bang for the buck; box blades are cheap and readily available used. They are relatively easy to use effectively, although not quick to master; they can do a lot; I would say they are either the Goldilocks or the 'neither fish nor fowl' of the list

Easiest to use; rear land plane scraper; most expensive probably, and kinda the least versatile

Most versatile; a rear grader blade with tilt, pivot, and slide. Probably hardest to master

/ [KUBOTA B3200] Grader Blade / Box Blade Recommendation for Driveway Maintenance
So best bang for the buck; box blades are cheap and readily available used. They are relatively easy to use effectively, although not quick to master; they can do a lot; I would say they are either the Goldilocks or the 'neither fish nor fowl' of the list

Easiest to use; rear land plane scraper; most expensive probably, and kinda the least versatile

Most versatile; a rear grader blade with tilt, pivot, and slide. Probably hardest to master
Very clear summary. Thank you!

🙏

/ [KUBOTA B3200] Grader Blade / Box Blade Recommendation for Driveway Maintenance #76  
Here you can see a land plane or land grader in action

willy

/ [KUBOTA B3200] Grader Blade / Box Blade Recommendation for Driveway Maintenance #77  
There isn't a single magic tool that will make it easy; however there are many that will do the job with practice and patience (and frustration).
Well said. There’s a whole slew of attachments and people are still coming up with something else. Not a single machine that does everything we want.

/ [KUBOTA B3200] Grader Blade / Box Blade Recommendation for Driveway Maintenance #78  
Another point - a heavy rear blade - reversed - can work much like a land plane grading scraper. Obviously not a well but it will do an adequate job.

/ [KUBOTA B3200] Grader Blade / Box Blade Recommendation for Driveway Maintenance #79  
Another point - a heavy rear blade - reversed - can work much like a land plane grading scraper. Obviously not a well but it will do an adequate job.
Yep, a heavy rear blade with offset and tilt capability is the most versatile blade. I sold my box blade when I bought my HD rear blade.

/ [KUBOTA B3200] Grader Blade / Box Blade Recommendation for Driveway Maintenance #80  
In my opinion, a multi-adjustable HD rear straight scraper blade is definitely the most versatile and useful, BUT, you really need a bigger, heavier tractor in order to do a lot of work with them. A small, light tractor can't carry and pull the 800+ lb blade that you need in order to cut into firm soil or materials. A generic 250 lb 5 or 6' scraper blade doesn't do much besides smooth out loose materials or plow snow; they just bounce along on anything firm.

• Good Post
Reactions: D&D