Max 26 XL electrical / glow plug controller issue

/ Max 26 XL electrical / glow plug controller issue #1  

Cramby

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra Max 26XL TLBMMM
My tractor has started giving me trouble after 8 yrs of no problems. The glow plug controller buzzes, dash go dim, then go out, results in a no start. Disconnect battery and re- connect, power comes back and starts, most of the time. Anyone else has these symptoms?

/ Max 26 XL electrical / glow plug controller issue #2  
Could be many things, but sounds like a bad connection at the frame ground or battery post. Clean all those good and see if it continues.

/ Max 26 XL electrical / glow plug controller issue
Will do.

/ Max 26 XL electrical / glow plug controller issue #4  
My tractor has started giving me trouble after 8 yrs of no problems. The glow plug controller buzzes, dash go dim, then go out, results in a no start. Disconnect battery and re- connect, power comes back and starts, most of the time. Anyone else has these symptoms?
sounds more like a connection issue. I pretty sure that the controller and the dash lights are on 2 totally different circuits. I would check all connections carefully & closely including the power wire that feeds the fuses

sounds more like a connection issue. I pretty sure that the controller and the dash lights are on 2 totally different circuits. I would check all connections carefully & closely including the power wire that feeds the fuses
Thank you will check all and report back.

I installed a battery disconnect a few years ago. I found it's internal switch failed. Problem solved.

/ Max 26 XL electrical / glow plug controller issue #7  
I would start buy checking wires to the ignition switch and the switch itself or a pinched wire going to the glow plugs.