Need some Tree trimming advice

/ Need some Tree trimming advice #52  
If it were me I would take the whole tree down.. When I moved into my place I had trees hanging all over the place, when I was done, I had 15 cords of firewood stacked up.. I don't like trees near my house, buildings or hanging over my driveway, they will have to be addressed at some point, why not take care of them while you can..

/ Need some Tree trimming advice #53  
I have an 8' - 16' Fiskars hand pole saw/pruner. Cost about $30. Cuts very well and is not heavy. At 10' off the ground would be very easy to reach and you could stand to side some for safety. Be sure to wear hard hat, eye protection, good gloves, long sleeves. I use a forestry helmet with a metal mesh face shield as well as plastic eye goggles. Can't see enough of the branch to see what it does as it goes out but would probably cut it in safe sections from further out - hopefully branch does not get too high. Could use the pruner to clip smaller branches to expose main branches. Would take my time to complete. This is NOT expert advice.
If I use an extension ladder I always tie the top around the tree which is not fool proof but much safer.

/ Need some Tree trimming advice #54  
One more thing. If either of your tractors have a loader you could park it next to you with the bucket raised some to deflect branches away from you. Have not read all the thread so don't know if this is practical.

/ Need some Tree trimming advice #55  
Had a very similar situation except it was over my neighbors driveway. Tree service charged $100, I cleaned up the mess on the ground. $100 well spent.

/ Need some Tree trimming advice #56  
If there was a tree service doing a job in the area with a lift truck, it wouldn't take them much time to park in the drive and drop it in sections.

/ Need some Tree trimming advice #57  
20 oz tannerite in the split. Works great for microwave disposal.

/ Need some Tree trimming advice #58  
Am reminded of Dirty Harry asking are you feeling lucky? ;)
Lucky enough for the limb to not fall on a car or person in a storm, by some horrible twist of fate, like someone driving in the lane
in a storm? Within the last year this has happened multiple times in New England. Two people died in one car crushed by a tree.

If this broken limb is over your driveway, you have a dangerous situation in any upcoming wind event.
Rain will get in that big opening and rot the wood after awhile but I'm thinking
wind will solve the problem long before that.

I would not ignore it. It is a known dangerous situation and if you knowingly ignore it, your homeowners policy may give you grief if you have a liability claim. (many years as Travelers underwriter)

Front end loader and my man cage would make quick work of this. Mimic the pros like everyone has said, start at the end and work your way in.
Plan for the worst and hope for the best.
I take down stuff like this all the time here, with a big strong fireman in the bucket and me driving the tractor. Plus an Echo pole saw with a very sharp chain.
Undercut always, don't want the bark to rip.

I look at that tree and all I think is firewood. I might pay to have someone drop it, then I'd chop it up from there on. Once things are on the ground,
so much safer to work on.
This kind of work takes very strong arms and physical condition, I can't do it any more in the air.

so my advice to OP is if you need firewood, I'd pay someone to drop the whole tree, since it has disease issues already (?) ,
get it off the road, and then you work on it at your leisure.
be safe.

/ Need some Tree trimming advice #59  
Pole saws typically have very short bars. Probably too short for this application.
Though I've never looked into the practicality of putting a bigger bar and chain on a pole saw. Somehow I think it's unlikely.

/ Need some Tree trimming advice #60  
Pole saws typically have very short bars. Probably too short for this application.
Though I've never looked into the practicality of putting a bigger bar and chain on a pole saw. Somehow I think it's unlikely.

I have an Echo pole saw that came with a 10" bar. I changed it out to a 12", and found it too heavy to be efficient. Arms got tired quicker - got less work done in same amount of time, changed back to 10" bar/chain. YMMV.