never liked the ROPS now i have a reason

/ never liked the ROPS now i have a reason #61  
Here's one more observation; if the ROPS were in front of you, you would be less likely to forget it's there. It would also push a branch away from you rather than whack you in the back of the head. I don't like surprises, another reason I keep it down.
Plus, when folded back, it would still make a nice protective halo around you, rather than just giving you an extra thing upon which to bang your head when hooking up a rear PTO driveshaft.

You gotta wonder why tractor companies have not thought of shifting the ROPS at least a bit farther forward.

/ never liked the ROPS now i have a reason #62  
Plus, when folded back, it would still make a nice protective halo around you, rather than just giving you an extra thing upon which to bang your head when hooking up a rear PTO driveshaft.

You gotta wonder why tractor companies have not thought of shifting the ROPS at least a bit farther forward.
They do. It's called mid mounted ROPS and I wouldn't want a tractor without it. Those are mostly offered in orchard/vineyard tractors because when folded, it makes for a really low profile.

The only con I see, is that on some models, you have to lift if to open the hood. Not really a big deal, specially since 2018-ish, all mid mounted ROPS in Europe have a gas strut to aid lifting. You can literally lift it with one finger. Branson actually updated the hood design to correct this minor issue with this style of ROPS.

Other than that, you won't get a ROPS to bang your head when hooking implements, also it's within your view range, so you tend to be aware if you're going to hit something.

IMG_20230906_125218_2.jpg
IMG_20231127_155956.jpg
IMG_20240306_115640.jpg

/ never liked the ROPS now i have a reason
bottom line for me is that after 50 years of using tractors the closest call i have personally had was caused by the ROPS being up.

/ never liked the ROPS now i have a reason #64  
I need them up for the three canopies.

FERRIS (3).JPG
tractors 11 20 22 (4).JPG

/ never liked the ROPS now i have a reason #66  
and this is what you look like after a branch smacks you
marty fieldman.jpg

no this is what it looks like after a branch smacks you

Attachments

• IMG_6272.jpeg
    IMG_6272.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 29
lol I took your comment as humor and was responding with my twisted humor. all good in the neighborhood.
if i cannot laugh at my self then I would truly be in trouble.

/ never liked the ROPS now i have a reason #70  
I've started mowing into my No-Go zone!!! 30° to 45° slope.

The ROPS stays up. And while I'm not a big fan of seat belts, on this tractor, there is not a chance of safely jumping free.

However, I'm now thinking a FOPS cab with expanded steel mesh windows would have been better than plunging through blackberries and watching blackberry vines brush past my face.

So, a home workshop project is coming up shortly.