Owning/operating

/ Owning/operating #1  

CBOYDS

Tractor
MF135
Need some help I have a 1971 MF 135 diesel I changed the fuel filter and now I can’t get it primed back to start up .

/ Owning/operating #2  
Is there a hand pump?
Did you fill the fuel filter with fuel (I don’t recommend this, but have done it from time to time)?

/ Owning/operating #3  
Did you crack the lines at the injectors, and bleed the air? I know that's the intent of the hand pump, but I think you still need to bleed the air?

/ Owning/operating
Yes I have fuel at the injector & the filter is full it always cranks on the first turnover

/ Owning/operating #5  
Disconnect a fuel line near the tank to be sure you get good flow from the tank. Sometimes there's crud buildup which prevents fuel from flowing freely. After ensuring good flow bleed the air from the system normally.

/ Owning/operating #6  
Yes I have fuel at the injector & the filter is full it always cranks on the first turnover
Leave the lines loose for a while at the injectors while cranking. You may still have air pockets in the line and it doesn't push through.

/ Owning/operating #8  
Need some help I have a 1971 MF 135 diesel I changed the fuel filter and now I can’t get it primed back to start up .
You might have some crud in your fuel lines . . . if you have a string trimmer take a few feet of the line and run it threw your fuel lines to clean the crud out.

/ Owning/operating #9  
On a 71 Massey 135, once I knew I had fuel to the pump and any squirting out of an injectors line, if it doesn't fire right off I'd just tow start it.