Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor
Today's work forestry mowing/underbrushing,even found a couple of tree stands in this mess.
20240508_080928.jpg
20240508_093441.jpg
20240508_105111.jpg
20240508_154636.jpg
20240508_154834.jpg
20240508_154918.jpg
20240508_161409.jpg
20240508_171025.jpg

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #442  
Lineman, If those are "before and After" pictures - What an "incredible" job you did!!! It looks completely different, as if it's not the same area. Is there an actual house that borders that spot? I couldn't tell if the shooter's blind "might" have even been facing towards the house? Wow!! Incredible scenery you show.
I served 2 years as a Coastguard member in West Palm Beach and had "zero" knowledge that there was actual country life available in Florida! I knew the coastline well - but the actual inner side of the state, obviously not much Thanks a bunch for enlightening me! Greg

Lineman, If those are "before and After" pictures - What an "incredible" job you did!!! It looks completely different, as if it's not the same area. Is there an actual house that borders that spot? I couldn't tell if the shooter's blind "might" have even been facing towards the house? Wow!! Incredible scenery you show.
I served 2 years as a Coastguard member in West Palm Beach and had "zero" knowledge that there was actual country life available in Florida! I knew the coastline well - but the actual inner side of the state, obviously not much Thanks a bunch for enlightening me! Greg
Yes, those are before and after pictures ( roughly 10 hours from start to finish) and I am always amazed at how different a grown up property can look after a days work, this customer has a tractor with a bush hog and a grapple so he will be able to take care of it now, neither of the tree stands faced the house that was recently built on the property, the one appeared to have been there a long time.

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #444  
Very impressive change to the property. Here in East Texas, a State Biologist told me that if you where here 500 years ago, the natural landscape would be open with nothing growing between the bigger trees. It would be easy to walk through, and there would be grass growing on the ground.

Then people came and cut down the trees and stopped forest fires. When they abandoned the fields that they cleared, mother nature took over, and everything grew at once, which choked out the grass, and made it impossible to walk through the woods. This is the main cause for turkeys not being here anymore.

It would take a hundred years to return to normal, but only if forest fires are allowed to happen again. Since that isn't likely, mowing between the bigger trees, like what you are doing, is the best way to return the forest to what it was before humans showed up.

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #445  
Is the sand in your area harder on bearings, pins & bushings?
That sand looks powder-fine.

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #446  
Very impressive change to the property. Here in East Texas, a State Biologist told me that if you where here 500 years ago, the natural landscape would be open with nothing growing between the bigger trees. It would be easy to walk through, and there would be grass growing on the ground.

Then people came and cut down the trees and stopped forest fires. When they abandoned the fields that they cleared, mother nature took over, and everything grew at once, which choked out the grass, and made it impossible to walk through the woods. This is the main cause for turkeys not being here anymore.

It would take a hundred years to return to normal, but only if forest fires are allowed to happen again. Since that isn't likely, mowing between the bigger trees, like what you are doing, is the best way to return the forest to what it was before humans showed up.
I dont know about 500 years ago; but in my little part of inland North East to North Central Fla, the old timers (mostly dead now, guys from the Korean War era); have told me most of this area was massive cleared cattle fields. When you look at a lot if the forest growth, you can see 85% of it is less than 40 years old; scrub oaks, palmetto, water oaks, long leaf pines, ect. Some if the long leaf pines are old; but you don't see many turpentine scars anymore; although you will still find the old clay/terracotta pots from it.

Now. around some of the lakes and all, you will find Live Oaks that probably predate the spanish...

Is the sand in your area harder on bearings, pins & bushings?
That sand looks powder-fine.
Not around where I live, we have good black row crop farm dirt, but where I did this job at on the far side of the county it absolutely is, there has probably been more fill dirt dug from over there than anywhere local, it's known as Archer fill and it's tough on pins, bearings etc.

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #448  
That is an incredible job. Owners must be pleasantly shocked when you're done. Your attention to detail and quality of workmanship is commendable.

That is an incredible job. Owners must be pleasantly shocked when you're done. Your attention to detail and quality of workmanship is commendable.
Thank you, most people are well satisfied and they recommend me to their friends and some of them are regulars in one way or another, this particular customer has quite a bit of property and he uses me to forestry mow, clear, grapple work and seed pastures for him, so I have quite a few customers that treat me really good and I like helping them out.

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #450  
Here in East Texas, a State Biologist told me that if you where here 500 years ago, the natural landscape would be open with nothing growing between the bigger trees. It would be easy to walk through, and there would be grass growing on the ground.
I've seen pictures of East Texas forests with huge trees that dwarfed men standing beside them and almost no under growth in the forest, trees spaced far apart. Most were dated early 1900's.