Plantar Fasciitis, what a curse!!

/ Plantar Fasciitis, what a curse!! #41  
I've got high arches, too. Try ASICS Venture 8. Just make sure it is sized correctly. New Balance 608 are good, too, but look more like old man shoes.

I promise, if you do the stretching for a couple of months, you probably can get rid of any inserts. The stretching should continue as part of your daily routine.

Some podiatrists make money off of the orthotics, so they don't really want you to solve the problem. Fortunately, mine was a friend first.

/ Plantar Fasciitis, what a curse!! #42  
I've got high arches, too. Try ASICS Venture 8. Just make sure it is sized correctly. New Balance 608 are good, too, but look more like old man shoes.

I promise, if you do the stretching for a couple of months, you probably can get rid of any inserts. The stretching should continue as part of your daily routine.

Some podiatrists make money off of the orthotics, so they don't really want you to solve the problem. Fortunately, mine was a friend first.
mine is related to leg surgery with stainless inserts that has caused Arthritis in the foot. Stretching always is good to do and lots more painful on the bad foot but it does not cure my problem. One time did not think I need the inserts any more. Bad mistake suffered for a long time to get back to "normal"

/ Plantar Fasciitis, what a curse!! #43  
My brother gave me some Rockies boots that he couldn't wear. I could see why, the arches were so high just walking 100 ft to the mailbox killed my feet.

I never laced them up, just stepped into them when I need to go somewhere in the yard or pole barn to get something. It took me 8-10 years before I broke them in or they broke me in. Now they are comfortable.

/ Plantar Fasciitis, what a curse!! #44  
I stepped on a Dr. Scholes machine at Walmart to measure my feet and bought the recommended size of shoe insert.

It helps, but it takes a few months.
Bummer, My insoles need replaced but I found out yesterday that all Walmart's in my area have removed the machines.

Next stop is the Good Feet Store.

/ Plantar Fasciitis, what a curse!! #45  
Oh man, I've been suffering with this for over 6 months on my left foot, maybe even longer! It's just something I keep trying to ignore, but I've come to the point that I'm almost crippled. You'd think I'd be smart and go see a doctor, instead I've been too busy with work and family issues and keep trying to just get over it. Every time I think I might be getting over it, it rages back. I've tried different shoes, stretch, massage, roll a frozen water bottle under my arch etc. I've even put new insoles in some of my shoes/boots and they haven't done anything.

Today I bought a brace, that I wear while sleeping, that I'll try. But looking on-line, I see a better one that has a tensioning strap to help stretch your foot upward during the night. I think I'll buy that one too and see what works better.

To make problems worse, I have issues with my right ankle too, associated with a leg injury that required lower leg reconstruction back in 1989. That ankle has always had a range of motion issue, but is now giving me some severe tendonitis or joint issues too. I did see the doctor about that last year and their solution was to send me to PT, which did nothing. With that ankle, I think I have a mechanical issue, related to the original injury and I probably need to see an orthopedic doctor.

I guess I'll quit being stubborn and try to make a doctor appointment.

I've never had issues with my feet and could always walk miles and miles with no issues. This is really a pain.
I have had Plantar F
Oh man, I've been suffering with this for over 6 months on my left foot, maybe even longer! It's just something I keep trying to ignore, but I've come to the point that I'm almost crippled. You'd think I'd be smart and go see a doctor, instead I've been too busy with work and family issues and keep trying to just get over it. Every time I think I might be getting over it, it rages back. I've tried different shoes, stretch, massage, roll a frozen water bottle under my arch etc. I've even put new insoles in some of my shoes/boots and they haven't done anything.

Today I bought a brace, that I wear while sleeping, that I'll try. But looking on-line, I see a better one that has a tensioning strap to help stretch your foot upward during the night. I think I'll buy that one too and see what works better.

To make problems worse, I have issues with my right ankle too, associated with a leg injury that required lower leg reconstruction back in 1989. That ankle has always had a range of motion issue, but is now giving me some severe tendonitis or joint issues too. I did see the doctor about that last year and their solution was to send me to PT, which did nothing. With that ankle, I think I have a mechanical issue, related to the original injury and I probably need to see an orthopedic doctor.

I guess I'll quit being stubborn and try to make a doctor appointment.

I've never had issues with my feet and could always walk miles and miles with no issues. This is really a pain.
OK, since I have had Plantar Fasciitis for a good while, I'll offer what brought me relief. Mine was bad enough I was using an old crutch and cane out in the shop... As several mention, an evaluation by a good Podiatrist is the best place to start. If really bad, they can cut on you...but the good ones don't start there.

Everybody is different, but this is what helped me: icing, NSAIDs, inserts, and stretching techniques. When I screw up, I take Ibuprofen and put my foot in ice. That definitely helps for immediate relief. Then, I begin stretching (you can do this against the wall as Docs will advise, but I have found a "rocker" for the foot on Amazon to work best for me). I have one of these upstairs, downstairs, and in the shop. When I walk by, I stand on this and put the maximum pressure I can on my calf muscle. Within a couple of days, I'm back to normal (for an old guy). Amazon.com

The straps mentioned previously and frozen water bottle trick simply did not work for me. But I do use generic shoe inserts (they have both high and medium arches). I have used the Prostep professional brand, but I'm not sure they're much better than these: Amazon.com

The "Walk-hero" insert brand name is silly...but the inserts aren't, and are a lot cheaper than Prostep.

And anyone who hasn't had this problem, count your blessings - the pain is really bad until you get it under control.

/ Plantar Fasciitis, what a curse!! #46  
Bummer, My insoles need replaced but I found out yesterday that all Walmart's in my area have removed the machines.

Get your wallet ready and then you'll have to schedule an appt with a dr who knows what they're doing.

/ Plantar Fasciitis, what a curse!! #47  

Read up on "Good Feet", they seem to be a rip off according to posters on Reddit.

/ Plantar Fasciitis, what a curse!!
I bought the Dr. Scholls plantar fasciitis inserts at CVS. They were $20. I figured they were cheap enough to give a try. They seem to work. Next week will be the real test. I have to go back to a job site in Canada and it involves a ton of walking and standing on concrete. It's where my problem first started, back in the winter.

I've just been sticking to a regimen of stretching and wearing my foot brace when I sleep. I need to start taking an NSAID and icing it too, to help keep swelling down. By the end of a typical day, things are pretty sore again.

/ Plantar Fasciitis, what a curse!! #49  
Read up on "Good Feet", they seem to be a rip off according to posters on Reddit.
Good feet is way too expensive. Have a podiatrist write a prescription for a medical grade orthotic and go to the hanger clinic to get custom made inserts. Insurance will pay for this and you will get a long lasting orthotic for about $100 with most insurance companies.

/ Plantar Fasciitis, what a curse!! #50  
My wife was also told to freeze a water bottle and firmly roll your foot over it to exercise it.