Pocket Gopher Control

/ Pocket Gopher Control #121  
I use poison grain. I got a little T-handle probe that drops the poison grain into the tunnel near a mound. I then knock down the mound. If I used traps, I'd be broke for how many I'd need. I'm not worried about the poison as its several inches under ground. If the dog digs up a dead gopher and eats it, the amount of grain the dog would get (after the gopher consumed it) would not be enough to even make him hiccup. Besides, while the dog does dig holes from time to time (to the disgust of my wife), he has yet to dig up a gopher, unfortunately.

I have tried everything. Poison, smoke, water, explosives, traps, gimmicks, you name it. The only thing I find works, is poison grain. I walk the fence line almost every night, with my T-handle, looking for new mounds. I pretty much have them out of the yard. During the winter months, they invade under the snow, but just a few applications and they are gone.

/ Pocket Gopher Control #122  
Most of the bait products cannot ship to California... :-(

Thurston County WA actually has protected gophers.

/ Pocket Gopher Control #123  
Here's all you need to know

/ Pocket Gopher Control #124  
Most of the bait products cannot ship to California... :-(

Thurston County WA actually has protected gophers.
There is a lot wrong with Washington State. Thuston County, being the "Capital County" of the State, thats not entirely surprising.

/ Pocket Gopher Control #125  
There is a lot wrong with Washington State. Thuston County, being the "Capital County" of the State, thats not entirely surprising.
Probably some endangered species of gopher, not the common gopher we are talking about.

/ Pocket Gopher Control #128  
Funny place for religious jokes.

Last edited: