PTO - Turned off tractor when it was engaged.

/ PTO - Turned off tractor when it was engaged. #1  

allenport

Tractor
kubota L3400
Yes, it was dumb. I started to mow with my L3400 and I got stuck. I forgot where the front wheel drive level was. The tractor started to roll backwards and I panicked a bit. (I'm an older woman alone.) So I turned off the tractor, forgetting to disengage the PTO. Now since the PTO is engaged, I can't turn the tractor on to left the implement or do anything. Is there a way out of this mess?

/ PTO - Turned off tractor when it was engaged. #2  
What is preventing you from turning off the PTO? You can do it with the tractor not running.

/ PTO - Turned off tractor when it was engaged. #3  
You shut down and avoided a worse outcome. That's good👍.

I think the L3200 I had used a cable between the lever and arm for the PTO. Pretty sure it could be operated without running the engine. Try pushing the clutch and flipping the lever.

/ PTO - Turned off tractor when it was engaged. #4  
Yes, it was dumb. I started to mow with my L3400 and I got stuck. I forgot where the front wheel drive level was. The tractor started to roll backwards and I panicked a bit. (I'm an older woman alone.) So I turned off the tractor, forgetting to disengage the PTO. Now since the PTO is engaged, I can't turn the tractor on to left the implement or do anything. Is there a way out of this mess?
set the parking brake before you do anything more!

/ PTO - Turned off tractor when it was engaged.
What is preventing you from turning off the PTO? You can do it with the tractor not running.
LOL. Stupidity prevented me. I didn't know that could be done. I went back out, disengaged the lever, lifted the implement, and mowed for 1.5 hours. Thanks everyone for your response.

The reason I'm getting stuck is due to the Finish Mower. The wheels on that thing have no tread. I don't know if they ever did. When I have to make a turn that's when I get stuck. I don't think the Finish Mower was designed to be used the way I use it. But...it will just have to do for now.

/ PTO - Turned off tractor when it was engaged. #6  
LOL. Stupidity prevented me. I didn't know that could be done. I went back out, disengaged the lever, lifted the implement, and mowed for 1.5 hours. Thanks everyone for your response.

The reason I'm getting stuck is due to the Finish Mower. The wheels on that thing have no tread. I don't know if they ever did. When I have to make a turn that's when I get stuck. I don't think the Finish Mower was designed to be used the way I use it. But...it will just have to do for now.
We are all learning! Every single day. Glad you got it going again.