Ram vs Dodge/Chrysler - how complete is the separation?

/ Ram vs Dodge/Chrysler - how complete is the separation? #111  
The Ram/Dodge/Jeep Eco-diesel 6cyl disappeared pretty quick too. :ROFLMAO:

/ Ram vs Dodge/Chrysler - how complete is the separation? #112  
Meh, I've had 12 and 24V Cummins Dodge W250s (93 and early 2000s-might have been be 02). Currently have a 1/2 ton Ram with the 5.7.

You won't catch me anywhere near a newly released engine/transmission combo.

If I need a new truck in the the next 5 years, it will have to be the 3/4 ton with the 6.4 gas in it. Would do Cummins, but it doesn't match my usage and the heck with modern emissions on those things.

No emissions problems with mine, and I actually use my truck for it’s intended purpose. Diesel emissions aren’t my favorite, but they have improved and time goes on.

The new Aisin transmission in the Rams is great. I couldn’t imagine going back to rowing gears or a the glorified car automatics of 20 years ago.

I think a lot of the squawking about emissions is from guys that don’t accept change. It’s really almost become a standardized non-issue. They’re going on 16 years of diesel emissions.

Last edited:
   / Ram vs Dodge/Chrysler - how complete is the separation? #113  
The Ram/Dodge/Jeep Eco-diesel 6cyl disappeared pretty quick too. :ROFLMAO:
It disappeared because its a diesel, not because its an in-line.

:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
   / Ram vs Dodge/Chrysler - how complete is the separation? #115  
   / Ram vs Dodge/Chrysler - how complete is the separation? #116  
You won't catch me anywhere near a newly released engine/transmission combo.
I tend to be the same way. I'll never buy the first model year (heck, usually not the first two or three) of any new model or generation. Too many things are fixed or improved in those first few years.

/ Ram vs Dodge/Chrysler - how complete is the separation? #117  
1715218503812.png

Not a V in the bunch!

/ Ram vs Dodge/Chrysler - how complete is the separation? #119  
Gee, Cat builds inline engines as well as V engines and so does Detroit Diesel and I believe so does MAN as well.