Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,661  
Lots of ticks in Virginia because we had a mild winter I'm thinking. If you feel really tired, or tick bite leaves a bulls eye, go to a walk in clinic or your doctor immediately.
I had Rocky Mountain spotted tick fever last year, now Lyme. I'm on Doxycycline.
In fact my doctor prescribed 4 Doxycycline tablets I keep on hand!
Got the Lyme in 2022, red splotches all over my body, Doc takes one look and says “Lyme”
I thought it was something else, on Doxycycline for two weeks
Couldn’t identify a bulls eye for sure but told you don’t always have a bulls eye with Lyme disease

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,662  
I read somewhere that if the govt. gave every newborn a $7k treasury bond that could not be touched until 65 yrs old, that everybody would have $1m at retirement age.
Whoever wrote whatever you read is wrong. The math simply does not support it.

At 5% annual interest rate, compounded semi-annually, 7000 over 65 years would only be equal to $173,460

@ 5%, in order to have $1,000,000 You would need to start with an initial investment of $40,335

OR....at 7000 initially, the interest rate would have to be somewhere around 7.5% annually to reach $1,000,000 by age 65

Thats the power of interest over time. A small change in interest makes a huge change long term. In this case, a simple difference of 5% vs 7.5% over 65 years is the difference of less than $200k vs $1 million

But back at reality....I am seeing current I-bonds at 4.28%. So that $7k over 65 years would be worth just a little over $100k

And just for fun, if you could lock in a 10% rate compounded semi annually (at 5%).....your $7k would be worth almost $4 million

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,663  
You can't make this stuff up! :rolleyes: ?

NYC sued for denying in vitro fertilization coverage to gay male employees​

Plaintiffs argue the lack of IVF coverage is discriminatory​

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,665  
You can't make this stuff up! :rolleyes: ?

NYC sued for denying in vitro fertilization coverage to gay male employees​

Plaintiffs argue the lack of IVF coverage is discriminatory​

What exactly would they be fertilizing? Men, even their gay male employees, don't produce eggs.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,667  
Having trouble getting that final grade on your gravel driveway. Don't have an LPGS. Try reversing your rear blade and dragging it. Not quite as good as a LPGS but will do an adequate job.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,668  
Back to the ticks and fire ants. I have not seen many ticks in years. Nothing like we used to see as kids. They were everywhere then.

Fire Ants eat ticks so I have been told. I think that may be true as fire ants showed up in East Texas in the early 1970's as I recall and there has been a steady decline in ticks since then.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,669  
What exactly would they be fertilizing? Men, even their gay male employees, don't produce eggs.
We do pregnancy tests prior to some surgical procedures and sometimes it’s positive..

That said it has raised issues as why only some patients must be tested if they are non binary… just saying.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,670  
We do pregnancy tests prior to some surgical procedures and sometimes it’s positive..

That said it has raised issues as why only some patients must be tested if they are non binary… just saying.
We often find history amusing. Anyone remember all the giggles when we learned about the Roman Vomitoriums in middle school history class, or before you were old enough to really understand its impact on the people involved, laughing about the sheer stupidity of the Salem Witch Trials? How about Tulipomania?

Do you think most of the people living in those times had the good sense to know how poorly history would reflect upon their time?

... and what about today?

I remember reading this book, about 30 years ago. Our current gender fluidity and non-binary culture may very well make it into a future edition.

1715304904786.png