Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,671  
Back to the ticks and fire ants. I have not seen many ticks in years. Nothing like we used to see as kids. They were everywhere then.
I think they're all up here now. Don't ever recall them when I was a kid. Maybe too hot for them now where you are?

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,672  
We do pregnancy tests prior to some surgical procedures and sometimes it’s positive..

That said it has raised issues as why only some patients must be tested if they are non binary… just saying.

A few years ago, I read an article about a man that went to the emergency room, complaining of abdominal pain.

The doctors were puzzled for a good while, until they finally realized that he was having a miscarriage. The author of the article felt that this was evidence that doctors shouldn't be so close-minded to assume that a man cannot be pregnant.

I would have thought that a patient shouldn't give the doctor their pretend gender. Go figure.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,673  
What exactly would they be fertilizing? Men, even their gay male employees, don't produce eggs.
Many heterosexual couples who cannot conceive after 12 months of trying are deemed infertile and can then qualify for IVF and surrogate coverage so they can have biological children of their own. Sometimes the man or woman cannot produce sperm or eggs and a donor is used for one or the other.

Same sex female couples qualify for IVF in New York. So one of them can provide the egg and with donor sperm can become pregnant. Or if they cannot carry a baby if their own they can us a surrogate with their own egg and donor sperm.

Same sex male couples could do the same with one of their own sperm and a donor egg and surrogate to carry the baby.

New York doesn’t cover that scenario, while it does cover all the other scenarios, for couples and even single people.

Therefore, it’s not fair, according to the lawsuit.

It has nothing to do with men getting pregnant. Just wanting to have a child that is half of them biologically.

I hope that clears it up better.

Read more…

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,674  
Many heterosexual couples who cannot conceive after 12 months of trying are deemed infertile and can then qualify for IVF and surrogate coverage so they can have biological children of their own. Sometimes the man or woman cannot produce sperm or eggs and a donor is used for one or the other.

Same sex female couples qualify for IVF in New York. So one of them can provide the egg and with donor sperm can become pregnant. Or if they cannot carry a baby if their own they can us a surrogate with their own egg and donor sperm.

Same sex male couples could do the same with one of their own sperm and a donor egg and surrogate to carry the baby.

New York doesn’t cover that scenario, while it does cover all the other scenarios, for couples and even single people.

Therefore, it’s not fair, according to the lawsuit.

It has nothing to do with men getting pregnant. Just wanting to have a child that is half of them biologically.

I hope that clears it up better.

Read more…

The whole entire thing is a simple and complete abomination and complete waste of taxpayer money, I say taxpayer money because 90% of those are funded by tax dollars.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,675  
My grandfather next door was an M.D., D.O.,surgeon. His son (Mom's brother) had Downs syndrome and lived with them, he was a hoot.
We were having lunch one day when Grandad was telling about a neighbor Jim Smith (name changed ) who was a patient complaining of pain when he was sitting...so they operated on him. Turns out he was a siamese twin! What was removed was a really small body & head attached to Jim's lower spine...his brother!
My uncle gets up from the table, runs out the door telling all the neighbors "you know Jim Smith? He had a baby in his fanny!".

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,676  
3AD619CC-8A42-432B-832B-3E1185DE3D8C.png

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,677  
The whole entire thing is a simple and complete abomination and complete waste of taxpayer money, I say taxpayer money because 90% of those are funded by tax dollars.
Next time your son or daughter cannot conceive a baby of their own, tell them that.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,678  
Next time your son or daughter cannot conceive a baby of their own, tell them that.
No problem, usually there is a reason natural methods don't work it is nature saying no.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,680  
This is a good point. But would private insurance of those employees ever cover any procedure done on a third unrelated party (the surrogate)? You'd think that'd have to fall under the insurance and/or benefits of the surrogate, rather than the employer of either of the male employees in this scenario.

Interesting debate. No matter how good a system, there are always exceptions that no one considered, at the time. Not malicious, just unanticipated.