What do you all do to be prepared for long term power loss?

/ What do you all do to be prepared for long term power loss? #11  
Sorry, I wasn't aware of that happening. Doesnt hurt to stock up..

/ What do you all do to be prepared for long term power loss? #13  
I have a gas generator that will run a refrigerator and a freezer. Several years ago, we has a tornado take out an electrical substation and we were without power for almost a week. I would run the generator plugged into a refrigerator and freezer for a few hours, then switch to the other freezers. Otherwise the gas stove still works with match ignition and I have camping lanterns for light. The biggest problem is lack of power to the well, so no water and my generator won’t pull the 220volt deep well pump. I have quite a few water jugs and have to run to town to fill them. I don’t have a storage tank on the well. Worse yet, about 20 years ago, we had a 48” snow storm and it took down 7 miles of powerlines in the woods. All of these inconveniences are multiplied when there’s heavy snow on the ground. But normally power outages are only a few hours to half a day, and we just deal with it. As for food, we have a huge pantry of home canned garden veggies and the freezers are full of home grown meat.

/ What do you all do to be prepared for long term power loss? #14  
I have a 13 kw whole house generator. It uses about 1.5- 2 gph of propane. Running it three hours a day would get us by in a SHTF type event. Well, fridge, freezer, and charging batteries seen as essential. We heat with wood.

We have two 500 gallon tanks and never run below 50% without topping them up. That would give us about three months of power. Propane is the ideal fuel as it lasts decades.

A 7500 watt portable propane generator is another less expensive approach.

We have lost power for about 40 hours so far this year. Not worth the effort to cycle the generator on and off. But if there was a catastrophic event, we would switch gears

/ What do you all do to be prepared for long term power loss? #15  
We have Yanmar 12kw diesel enclosed gen set. It runs the whole house, AC and well included.
I don't start it unless the power is going to be out for longer than 3 hrs.
Also have a solar setup that we have yet to use (no power outages) lately. :whistle:

/ What do you all do to be prepared for long term power loss? #16  
We have Yanmar 12kw diesel enclosed gen set. It runs the whole house, AC and well included.
I don't start it unless the power is going to be out for longer than 3 hrs.
Also have a solar setup that we have yet to use (no power outages) lately. :whistle:
What about a sun tan . . . :cool: :ROFLMAO:

/ What do you all do to be prepared for long term power loss? #17  
Im getting to old to sit out in the sun, just like everyone else here...

/ What do you all do to be prepared for long term power loss? #18  
I liked to be prepared for extended outages, so I have a PTO generator that can run my house and well pump. Enough diesel for several months of intermittent use. I also have 2 inverter generators and 30 gallons of gas to use as needed.

/ What do you all do to be prepared for long term power loss? #19  
Well, we get a few outages a year that last a couple days. We try to be ready with fuel on hand for the generator, but it's not like we have the ability to keep more than a few cans around at the moment.

Yet I can't help but think we're still better prepared than many by virtue of at least trying.

/ What do you all do to be prepared for long term power loss? #20  
Long term situation like what's described above, I'm not sure I want to be around.
Thank you. World is already going to crap as it is.

Always find it ironic how "real" Christians seem so fearful of Heaven when you have to kill others to stay alive:unsure: