Which 2024 diesel 10k gvwr truck?

/ Which 2024 diesel 10k gvwr truck? #1  

Fixastuff

Veteran Member
Tractor
Massey
Ram 2500, F250 derated to 10k, gmc 2500 derated to 10k?

Bumper towing max non cdl weight. Will be towing often. Just traveled 8 hrs towing in my older ram and move machines multiple times a week.

/ Which 2024 diesel 10k gvwr truck?
I thought more people would be interested in helping someone spend 90-100k lol.

Ive owned a f450 and have a ram 2500 now. I’d like to try the Chevy with an Allison transmission, it drove great and had tons of features. Wasn’t too bad at 72k but all the ones on the lot were rated at 11600 gvwr.

/ Which 2024 diesel 10k gvwr truck? #3  
This is tough making a recommendation without showing opinion, you will get 3 answers:)

I will start, I am a Ram/Cummins fan. The 2500 will have the lowest power output, if that matters. However, it will have the best exhaust brake. The 2500 uses coil springs on the rear or air suspension. I have the coil springs with added air bags. That gives you support on both sides of the frame, a win win. The Ram uses the biggest rear axle of the three.

I haul/tow local hot shot. I need the 10k rating for my use/registration. It does everything I need and does it well. It is not uncommon for me to be over my 26K. Not a recommendation, just that it happens at times with no ill effects. The truck is more capable than the 10k rating it gets.

You might consider waiting for the '25 and 8spd tranny. Prety sure the 2500 will get a boost in power also.

My 2500 doing work.

0923211019.jpg

/ Which 2024 diesel 10k gvwr truck? #4  
Skip the bumper tow and get a proper weight distributing hitch

/ Which 2024 diesel 10k gvwr truck? #6  
You should have asked what brand of oil to put in it or whether fuel treatment was necessary.
Like most items today they all have good points and bad. It boils down to personal preferences.
Drive them all and see what suits you best.
I personally feel that if you buy anything other than a Ford ya risk eternal damnation.
Good luck.

/ Which 2024 diesel 10k gvwr truck? #9  
I tow a lot and chose Ram.

Other brands might be faster, but like my larger truck and the larger truckers, I prefer the way the Cummins pulls.

/ Which 2024 diesel 10k gvwr truck? #10  
There are worse situations to be in than having to buy a new truck, lol; tough choice, though. I think, personally, I'd go with the Ram as I'm under the impression they're making deals. They're the "oldest" HD on the market, they're selling slow right now, and they're up for a re-design soon. None of that effects how good they are, how they look, or how they drive- but it can be leveraged for a deal.