Who rides motorcycles?

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,891  
In 3 weeks I am planning on driving to work with my Tenere, it's a 373 miles ride one way. I am a little scared of it, the seat of my tenere is not very comfortable it's going to be my longest trip I ever done. I know its going to hurt, I am planning on leaving the night before and do the first 124miles and then sleep there. The next day I will leave at 6 am and do the remaining 249 miles. I have to make it to work for 12pm so I should have a extra hour for rest along the way. On the way back (10 days later) I will have the whole day to make it home but I will take the lake superior drive (hwy 17) which is a beautiful drive along lake superior and it is only 1h longer for a total of 447 miles. I bought some padded shorths so hopefully they help... I should just bite the bullet and buy a comfort seat but I don't want to spend the money at this time.

After that I am putting my pirelli MT21 Rallycross looking forward to try these offroad!!

View attachment 865122

View attachment 865123

View attachment 865125
I would get an air cushion seat pad, they work quite well.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,892  
Thanks I will check it out but I am on a tenere forum already and I am getting used to it, the site is pretty quiet tho but it is specialize for tenere so I don't want to quite that one and I don't want to be on too many forum ether but I will check it out.
You may find there are more Tenere riders on ADVrider than there are on a Tenere forum. ADVrider is the TractorByNet of the adv moto world. :D As for your long day in the saddle, bike shorts help a bit. And don't forget to move around, change position once in a while to avoid getting hot spots. Stand up on the pegs and get some airflow too. That said, a custom seat was some of the best money I've ever spent on my bike.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,893  
In 3 weeks I am planning on driving to work with my Tenere, it's a 373 miles ride one way. I am a little scared of it, the seat of my tenere is not very comfortable it's going to be my longest trip I ever done. I know its going to hurt, I am planning on leaving the night before and do the first 124miles and then sleep there. The next day I will leave at 6 am and do the remaining 249 miles. I have to make it to work for 12pm so I should have a extra hour for rest along the way. On the way back (10 days later) I will have the whole day to make it home but I will take the lake superior drive (hwy 17) which is a beautiful drive along lake superior and it is only 1h longer for a total of 447 miles. I bought some padded shorths so hopefully they help... I should just bite the bullet and buy a comfort seat but I don't want to spend the money at this time.

After that I am putting my pirelli MT21 Rallycross looking forward to try these offroad!!

View attachment 865122

View attachment 865123

View attachment 865125
The pillows they give you on airlines, they really don't want back. So I take them as free. I put these on my Yam SR500 seat, which extends my ride another 100 miles before entire numbness. :)

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,895  
Recent "Spring Fling" 3 day ride. First day was a bit cold and wet, but the rest of the weekend was primo!
1714522484044.png
1714522615717.png
1714523246419.png

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,896  
Looks like we have some of the same taste, my big girl getting more light. I don't want to be attacked by a deer again.

Anyone silly enough to name their bikes, the AT is Boudica, because she is one tough B.

1714739002769.png

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,897  
Looks like we have some of the same taste, my big girl getting more light. I don't want to be attacked by a deer again.

Anyone silly enough to name their bikes, the AT is Boudica, because she is one tough B.

View attachment 865588
Gezz its going to be daylight in front of that thing... looks like you have some nice toys in that shop ...

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,899  
I want to see the forest rats.
Twice I've had one of their ass go under my bars. I could hear their hooves on the pavement. Pucker moment for sure. But in daylight, the extra lights don't help a lot with them. But I do notice cars tend to notice and get out of the way faster :D

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,900  
Yep, I'm more worried about the blue haired ladies, and teens texting, pulling out in front of me. Run my highbeams during daylight hours.