Yanmar emblems: the haves and have-nots

/ Yanmar emblems: the haves and have-nots #21  
I guess i did not realize that they were on there? I Know i hvae seen the pics of them on some's tractors and the pics on the internet of them. For some reason i did not think anything of them. I guess i maybe saw the place for them to be and wondered but that was all.

/ Yanmar emblems: the haves and have-nots #23  
Fredrick's said the emblems are either missing or in rotten shape. They want their tractors to look pretty when they sell them, so they take it off if it has one.

When I bought my tractor in 05. I asked about the emblem.Best I can remember... Tom told me that they took all the emblems & changed the decals so, there would be no trouble with yanmar.. My tractor and all the others at that time had the Zen-Noh decal on them

/ Yanmar emblems: the haves and have-nots #24  
Here is the one on my 186d.

Attachments

• 2012-05-17_13-07-01_166.jpg
    2012-05-17_13-07-01_166.jpg
    565.9 KB · Views: 408
   / Yanmar emblems: the haves and have-nots #25  
That one there sure looks like die cast metal to me? Now we need to figure out the era's and models these were on that is a 186 so thats done thanks.

I have seen several variations up till now and wonder which one mine would need in case I run across it on fleabay etc probably like most of you.

/ Yanmar emblems: the haves and have-nots #26  
They are chromed plastic for sure. Look at the upper right corner. You can see where the chrome has peeled away and exposed the yellow plastic underneath.

Bot my 186D and 336D have plastic emblems. Even the model badges on the sides of the hood are plastic. I just ordered the last of the 186D and 336D hood badges from Japan and they're still made of plastic. Nice looking but plastic none the less.

Just for giggles I checked the hood emblem on the Hinomoto and its the same. Heavily chromed plastic. If anyone ever comes up with a way to mold these legally I know a fellow that can chrome plastic.

/ Yanmar emblems: the haves and have-nots #27  
My 30 year old Iseki tractor has a plastic emblem, even though the tractor is built like a little tank and it is the only plastic on the tractor. It surprises me that they all used plastic back then. :confused:

/ Yanmar emblems: the haves and have-nots #28  
Gypsyman said:
I just ordered the last of the 186D and 336D hood badges from Japan and they're still made of plastic.

Who did you order from?

/ Yanmar emblems: the haves and have-nots #29  
I am half afraid to remove one to find out for sure I dont want to be out an emblem. But my 3810 hood badges that are at the front on the sides have studs and nuts holding them on. fwtw

I believe these at least are die cast they even have a slight magnetic hold whether thats the chrome or attraction from the hood underneath I cant say?

/ Yanmar emblems: the haves and have-nots #30  
Who did you order from?

Sorry for the delay. For some reason I'm not getting notifications of new posts.

I order all of my parts thru Gary Jamieson at Jamieson Tractor. Many of the parts that I haven't been able to get for the 186D and the 336D from Yanmar USA have been available from the factory in Japan.

Richard