YM1500 Brakes & Seals

/ YM1500 Brakes & Seals #1  

thahn1608

I have a YM1500 that lost the left brakes. Upon opening the brake hub I found it was full of oil... serial number is YM1500-2022 with less than 300 original hours and is in mint condition. It has green paint under the black so I'm guessing it is originally a green model...

I'm doing my best to find parts, but can't make heads or tails of the parts diagrams. I know I need a seal (part number unknown) and the collar as the collar is rusted. I don't know what else I may need while I'm in there.

Also, is there a good way to remove the seal without damaging the sealing surfaces? Any tips or tricks for getting the job done right the first time? Can I clean the brake shoes as they still have a LOT of life left or will they be oil soaked and have to be replaced?

On a side note, I also have a leak at the top of the hydraulic valve. It looks to be an o-ring issue as the shaft is in good shape, but seems to be leaking. Any idea where I can get parts for it without buying a whole new valve? I can always take it to the local hydraulic shop but hate spending money for silly things I can do myself.

/ YM1500 Brakes & Seals #2  
I have a YM1500 that lost the left brakes. Upon opening the brake hub I found it was full of oil... serial number is YM1500-2022 with less than 300 original hours and is in mint condition. It has green paint under the black so I'm guessing it is originally a green model...

I'm doing my best to find parts, but can't make heads or tails of the parts diagrams. I know I need a seal (part number unknown) and the collar as the collar is rusted. I don't know what else I may need while I'm in there.

Also, is there a good way to remove the seal without damaging the sealing surfaces? Any tips or tricks for getting the job done right the first time? Can I clean the brake shoes as they still have a LOT of life left or will they be oil soaked and have to be replaced?

On a side note, I also have a leak at the top of the hydraulic valve. It looks to be an o-ring issue as the shaft is in good shape, but seems to be leaking. Any idea where I can get parts for it without buying a whole new valve? I can always take it to the local hydraulic shop but hate spending money for silly things I can do myself.
1715305974679.png

Rear brakes are in Figure section 10. So, all of the item numbers will be prefixed with the number 10.

So, 10-1 are the brake shoes.

1715306132381.png

/ YM1500 Brakes & Seals #3  
oh, want to read this in English then?
Yandex/OCR to English . . .

1715306281170.png

/ YM1500 Brakes & Seals #4  
seal 194190-32370 or better actual seal number TC45 72 12. Wear collar 194190-33430

Attachments

• 2024-05-10-061110.jpg
    2024-05-10-061110.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
   / YM1500 Brakes & Seals #5  
Fredricks seal (194190-32370) 45x72x12TC Seal,Brake Axle new #24421-457212
Seal Collar brake axle SC-2545 Red/Grn. 1500 (194190-33430)
The Collar on my 2000 was showing wear. Pitted! I was able to clean it up. I have the new replacements if I need to replace them. Hard to get off . My small Gear puller wasn't moving them.

/ YM1500 Brakes & Seals
Fredricks seal (194190-32370) 45x72x12TC Seal,Brake Axle new #24421-457212
Seal Collar brake axle SC-2545 Red/Grn. 1500 (194190-33430)
The Collar on my 2000 was showing wear. Pitted! I was able to clean it up. I have the new replacements if I need to replace them. Hard to get off . My small Gear puller wasn't moving them.
Interesting. My collar almost fell out. The inside of the collar is good and the sliver that was behind the seal is good, but the outside that was exposed to the drum (air) is pretty heavily rusted. Now the seal is a different story. Still haven't worked out how I'm getting it out yet.

Fredricks said they have the seal, but not the collar for the green model.

I called Hoye and they were little to no help as they couldn't tell which of their seals was for what application. They have all kinds of seals for the YM1500, but they couldn't tell me which one to buy for the "green" version - they said they were all interchangeable, but experience tells me not all seals are interchangeable. After some discussion they determined they don't have any seals, collars, O-rings, or gaskets. Hoye said I need 2 O-rings, but they couldn't tell me where they go or if I even need them.

I'm still working out the parts I need as I can't figure out how the collar seals around the splines. The left rear may as well not had a seal. As soon as I pulled the brake cover off I had about a half gallon of oil pour out as it was readily running from around the shaft.

I'm surprised at how many of these companies' websites bill themselves as the "experts" and have all the inventory imagineable, but when it comes to ordering they are no help.

/ YM1500 Brakes & Seals #7  
I seen the Red/Grn parts on the 1500 decades ago was crazy. Just came up the value of this site! This could be interesting but I think your get it straightened out. Only brakes thank goodness!! It looks like I can find pretty much everything on the Brakes Axle and Rear end. The Axel collar Red 1500 Fredricks AC-4150 Org.# (194150-34360) Grn. 1500 Axel collar Fredricks AC-1500 Org. (194190-34170) No doubt a difference?

/ YM1500 Brakes & Seals #8  
Interesting. My collar almost fell out. The inside of the collar is good and the sliver that was behind the seal is good, but the outside that was exposed to the drum (air) is pretty heavily rusted. Now the seal is a different story. Still haven't worked out how I'm getting it out yet.

Fredricks said they have the seal, but not the collar for the green model.

I called Hoye and they were little to no help as they couldn't tell which of their seals was for what application. They have all kinds of seals for the YM1500, but they couldn't tell me which one to buy for the "green" version - they said they were all interchangeable, but experience tells me not all seals are interchangeable. After some discussion they determined they don't have any seals, collars, O-rings, or gaskets. Hoye said I need 2 O-rings, but they couldn't tell me where they go or if I even need them.

I'm still working out the parts I need as I can't figure out how the collar seals around the splines. The left rear may as well not had a seal. As soon as I pulled the brake cover off I had about a half gallon of oil pour out as it was readily running from around the shaft.

I'm surprised at how many of these companies' websites bill themselves as the "experts" and have all the inventory imagineable, but when it comes to ordering they are no help.
Before Hoye was bought, Aaron was the key expert. Tom Fredricks is the other expert. Another is Len Shaffer. Otherwise, I don't know of others still around.

/ YM1500 Brakes & Seals #9  
2008 for me I lost the password/Membership. Driving to Fredricks was real easy for parts and I was able to download a Parts manual. So I quit coming on here. Wayne the Pain!! UTDA. It was really bad back then! Fredricks was about to quit importing. They still sell parts but don't see nearly as many tractors on the internet. They dismantled all the UTDA. which didn't surprise me one bit! Been staying to quite ever since. Use to see internet Tractors from them. Very few it seems now. Aaron mentioned he would be around but haven't heard anything from him? Amazed Hoye lasted that long on Mail order parts. I'm not surprised.

Last edited: