You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When
#2,631  
   / You Know You Are Old When
#2,633  
Somebody's got to pay for all that fun :LOL:

Yep! I’m guessing perhaps - after work - HayDude can sit in his favorite chair, turn on a game, have a beer and enjoy the quiet!

One thing about getting older - at least for me - is enjoying some quiet time.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,635  
Yep! I’m guessing perhaps - after work - HayDude can sit in his favorite chair, turn on a game, have a beer and enjoy the quiet!

And the way the Phillies are playing right now????
Best entertainment on TV!

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,636  
You know you are old if your Mom ever told you to go outside and play and don't come back until it gets dark or the street lights come on.
We didn't have street lights. The closest was 3/4 mile away by the road. Only half a mile through the woods.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,637  

Sometimes... a guy I know retired and married a 30 year old and he was 67... No previous kids and he is MD

70 with a 2 year old... they seem very happy... his father lived to 101 so maybe he will be around...

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,638  
You know you are old when you remember waiting for monthly magazines to show up in the mail (Time, Life, Newsweek).

Gee, I still get Discover, Scientific American, Astronomy, Sky and Telescope, Hemmings Muscle Machines and Trains in the mail every month.
I got Hot Rod magazine for many years, until they stopped publishing a couple of years ago.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,639  
I kinda miss print magazines. Online subscriptions aren't the same, nor as convenient. Nice to be able to read articles outside on the lawnchair, on the throne, etc. Obviously, the material in news magazines was dated by the time you got it, but unless you're a hardcore news junkie (I'm not) it wasn't a big deal, and often a story was covered in greater depth.
I REALLY miss them. For years I subscribed to 24 different magazines. Then the last few years, they just started dwindling away. Disappearing. If I had any subscription time left I found myself receiving magazines I didn't want...when the original one stopped publishing, instead of giving me a refund for the balance they transferred my subscription to another magazine. Used to subscribe to at least 5 different 4wd/off-road magazines...all of which morfed somehow into "Motor Trend" magazine which I don't find useful at all.

I too hate reading magazines on line...so I don't!