Anybody identify or have info on this one?

/ Anybody identify or have info on this one? #1  

john in MD

Tractor
Cub Cadet 7205
Hello all, thanks for allowing me to post.
I received this machine passed down thru the family, which we always called a tiller. With it came tires and three implements. I hope the pictures show the machine and implements clearly enough for visible detail.

I always thought it was a Montgomery Ward model. But it came with a manual for a Homelite, Rotary Tiller Model R4C. The machine looks like the picture on the from of the manual. Internet searches find nothing on such a model.

I'm having trouble when the drive wheels are attached that they pull too quickly for the implements to perform adequately. Or if the implements dig in, the wheels spin. The engine was replace a few years ago, from the original, with a new 5.0 hp Tecumseh.
The unit works great as a tiller.

Anyone with information on the unit, what the implements are used for, or how to solve the too high rpm of drive wheels?
Thanks

Attachments

• tiller 001 (Small).jpg
    tiller 001 (Small).jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 530
  • tiller 003 (Small).jpg
    tiller 003 (Small).jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 357
  • tiller 004 (Small).jpg
    tiller 004 (Small).jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 341
  • tiller 005 (Small).jpg
    tiller 005 (Small).jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 351
  • tiller 006 (Small).jpg
    tiller 006 (Small).jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 485
   / Anybody identify or have info on this one? #2  
Hi! You must change engine and trans. pulleys for more high ratio. Or a smaller pulley on engine and more large on trans. Good luck! Oldmech

/ Anybody identify or have info on this one?
Thanks
The pictures don't show the pulley's under the cover. Maybe tomorrow I can get a pic to post.
The engine pulley is pretty small and the trans pulley is pretty much as large as it can go. Might be able to get an inch bigger in there. But I guess excepting changing some gears, that's the only way to slow down the forward motion.

Any thoughts on the implements? I think one might be considered a middle buster? Though it's hard to see that machine pulling enough force to break up any hard soil.
The other seems too wide and shallow to be a middle buster.

/ Anybody identify or have info on this one? #4  
In the second pic looks like a wide weeder, used to cut weeds off, under the ground. The third pic looks like a furrow maker.
In the fourth pic a cultivator, used to get weeds. looks to be adjustable for row widths.
In the last one the piece sticking up in between the handle bars,would be taken out, turned 180*, reinserted, adjusted to dig up the middle area, that the tiller tines didn't get.
Somebody will have a more accurate description of them.
These are my wild gueses

T.J.

/ Anybody identify or have info on this one? #5  
What Terry said, and you need to switch sides with your tiller tines, they're mounted backward unless that is a counter rotating tiller. That would make it really hard to push.:laughing:

Very observant on the tine direction. I had just swapped out the tines for the wheels to take the picture. Rushing makes for waste.

The engine was a Kohler Model K91T Spec 31936C. Just a normal 4.0 hp engine. There was nothing on it that gave it the ability to change gears or speed. It was a workhorse of an engine. The flywheel developed a crack and a replacement wasn't available. I keep looking while at the auctions.

Comparing the owner's guide parts diagram, the pulley's look to be original. I couldn't figure any way to change speed or gain traction, so I thought I'd ask. Seels like the only option is to look at gearing changes.

How about those implements? Any ideas on the wide, middle buster looking one?

Haste certainly makes waste.
I neglected to offer my sincere thanks for the information you have provided.
thank you
John

/ Anybody identify or have info on this one? #10  
Hi! You can add a reduction shaft with two pulleys. You keep do not change engine and tiller pulleys. The new shaft with a large pulley 10 in. and a smaller 3 in. can be fit over the tiller pulley, For 1 to 3 reduction with two new belts . You must add .one idler pulley with lever for clutch. So you can have a tiller or a tractor by just to remove and change belts. A friend make it . he add a hitch and he pull a trailer with seat. I add a fast drawing. For better traction You can add wheight in wheels about 40 lbs each wheel,
Good luck Oldmech

Attachments

• dessinx 001.jpg
    dessinx 001.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 307