Anybody got hay weather in the Northeast?

/ Anybody got hay weather in the Northeast? #21  
We had rain the first 2 weeks of May, then one nice week, followed by non-stop humidity and almost daily thundershowers. Area hay harvest is almost a month behind. Even the guys putting everything in the silo are having fits finishing up. But it still beats last year. We went 60-some days without a drop of rain.

/ Anybody got hay weather in the Northeast? #22  
We were doing well on rain until June and then it all stopped. Im planning on another cut late this month or early next before I burn down and replant. I expect though that wont give more than a ton/ac (but its still something). If this no-rain situation continues much longer hay is going to be worth 'its weight in gold' again this winter. I think it might be better to have too much rain than not enough. At least youll have something to cut eventually.

/ Anybody got hay weather in the Northeast? #23  
Rain finally broke last Thurs. I got home from work and started mowing, mowed about 2 acres before the thundershowers hit.

It wasn't beating the hay flat so I just kept mowing in the pouring rain. There was a tooth that needed replaced on the mower but I decided the strip wasn't worth getting soaked over.

Finished that night with about 10 acres mowed then mowed another 15 on Friday night.

Did some tedding in there too and the first stuff was ready late saturday. Rigged a chute on the baler, first time baling straight to wagon at my own place. The stackers said it was much better.

Baled the rest on Sunday early afternoon.

We have had more deer flys and horse flys than I ever remember this year, my legs are torn up!

BTW the yeilds are terrible this year, I've got some field work to do. I'll have to fertilize with manure because I can't afford fertilizer.

/ Anybody got hay weather in the Northeast? #24  
I ran out of time tonight so my 1.5 acre Alfalfa patch has to wait till tomorrow to be baled but I did bale up over 1400 bales today which was a lot of screwing around because I had no help to unload wagons and the guy taking them didn't have any help either. So I ran out of wagons quick, then sit and wait:( Some days 3 wagons is more then enough, today 5 wasn't anywhere near enough. Oh well, its done and that is what matters:)

In a couple more days I will be cutting again as we have another window opening up.

/ Anybody got hay weather in the Northeast? #25  
Moved round bales last night for a neighbour using their new Case JX 70. Quite a change to jump on that from spending lots of hours in a hydro loader tractor. I was able to pick up the motions again pretty well so that was good but I have to say the hydro speeds up the wagon loading process.

/ Anybody got hay weather in the Northeast?
Anybody else getting pounded with rain suppose to get 4-7 inches tonight. Still got a few more thousand 1st cut to put in.

/ Anybody got hay weather in the Northeast? #27  
We are getting rained on again but I had 5 days of good weather so I finished all my first cutting Saturday morning. I wanted to do a couple other fields but they were not going to be much good as they went to seed so I left them for this year. Hopefully the rain will let up again soon so I can fertilize my timothy fields but I need the rain to stop so I can finish spraying the orchard and vineyards first. Some days I wish there were too of me:rolleyes: