Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota 4240 HSTC

Default New tires and wheels on my RTV900

The original wheels and tires were getting worn down and dry rotting with 300 plus hours on them.

Searched on line for some new ones and finally decided on the 26" GBC Grim Reapers and ITP wheels.

Have put about 20 hours on the new ones on pavement and off road.

Extremely pleased. On pavement, the old ones never offered a smooth ride. These are like I'm in my truck...smooth and easy handling. We had 4-5" of snow on the ground and my neighbor slid his Nissan truck off into a fairly deep ditch. Hooked up a tow rope, locked the rear differential in and 4WD and pulled him out very easily...didn't slid or anything.

Off road in mud and snow, all I can say is Wow. Had a ball driving my wife and I around in the snow.

I was concerned that these were too aggressive and would tear up the ground in wet conditions. Looks like they are easier on the dirt and grass than the factory off road ones.

I'm also a tractor fan..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New tires and wheels on my RTV900-kubota2-jpg   New tires and wheels on my RTV900-kubota-gl4240-hstc-jpg  

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    International 2544 / Gator 825i

Default Re: New tires and wheels on my RTV900

Looks like a nice aggressive tire....they look perfect for a RTV

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Nice stairs but they dont appear to be attached to anything. Is that like an elevated gazebo?
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    Kubota 4240 HSTC

Gary,
    It's an observation deck out on the end of the ridge that our house and shop is on. A little over 1000 feet elevation and one of the highest spots in the area.

We have a fire pit, picnic tables and do cookouts and parties to the right of it.

I built it last fall, all screwed together and lag bolts...10'x10' and the top deck is about 12' off the ground. We have a panorama view of about 60 miles from north to south, and as far as the eye can see in distance.

Great place to just sit and relax. Guests love the view.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    BX24

Nice! I like the frame on your bed. I saw that they were being built for kubota, but I've never seen one for sale. Of course, now that I have a welder...
    Al Yelvington
    Russell, PA
    Kubota BX-24 & Kubota RTV-900
    FEL, BH, chipper, box grader, back blade, ford rake, disc harrow, sub-soiler, mid-soil buster, post hole digger, brush hog, spreader, sprayer, quick hitch, log splitter, block heater and lots of lights!

www.youtube.com/ayelvington

Tractor
    Kubota 4240 HSTC

Al,
    I used thin wall 1" tubing. Measured it up and welded it myself.

It's very handy for tying on shovels, rakes, etc. Works great if you are carrying off brush.

If you build it yourself, make sure to leave enough room at the front so it doesn't hit the rear glass, if you have a cab.

I pulled the expanded metal piece that was on the inside and put it in the front of the rack, mostly to keep things from breaking the glass.

Also have the warning triangle mounted on it.

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

I am impressed with the observation deck. Nice job with that. Heck anyone can bend tubing and weld it together, but it takes real talent to make wood stay together with those little spikey things and a hammer or even a drill. I could never find a welding rod that could weld that stuff made from tree growth together. I use a drill as I beat the heck out of the boards and my fingers trying to get a nail to go in.
    Carpentry is not my thing, but give me some steel, welding machine, cutting torch and maybe a large beater and I can whip that stuff in to shape an make just about anything.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    Kubota BX23 TLB, Kubota RTV1100, Kubota Z724 & Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring

Love those wheels & tires.....If you don't mind, how much did those run, and are they stock size?

Mine needs a little bling, the dark grey wheels are pretty drab.
    BX23TLB with 54" MMM
    RTV1100 with 72" Power Angle Plow
    Z724 ZTR
    Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring

Tractor
    Kubota 4240 HSTC

Gary,
    I work with metals for a living, but I really enjoy building things with wood.
    Relaxes me..

Tim,
    The tires, wheels, new lug bolts, valves w/covers, and fairly quick shipping from Texas was just south of $800. Not sure if I can list their name here. They were very helpful answering all the questions I had, and they carry a large variety of tires and wheels.

Tractor
    Kubota BX23 TLB, Kubota RTV1100, Kubota Z724 & Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring

Quote Originally Posted by KitC View Post
    Gary,
    I work with metals for a living, but I really enjoy building things with wood.
    Relaxes me..

Tim,
    The tires, wheels, new lug bolts, valves w/covers, and fairly quick shipping from Texas was just south of $800. Not sure if I can list their name here. They were very helpful answering all the questions I had, and they carry a large variety of tires and wheels.
    Thanks!!!
    BX23TLB with 54" MMM
    RTV1100 with 72" Power Angle Plow
    Z724 ZTR
    Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast