Polaris sportsman atv's

/ Polaris sportsman atv's #11  
After spending a few months shopping around and looking at Atv's and Utv's I finally made my decision and decided to get Polaris sportsmans. I started the process thinking I wanted a utv, but after driving a few and taking a look at my available trails I
decided that Atv's might be a better fit.
I have had my new Sportsman 500 for a month or so and so far I am very pleased. I haven't had the chance( or inclination) to do much work with it yet . But I have spent a lot of time exploring the trails around my property and have been very impressed with the ride and power.
I picked up a Sportsman 400 ho for my wife this week ,we have had it out a couple of times.For a reasonably priced value machine I am also very pleased with it.......Craig

I agree, the ATV is accepted in more trails than the UTV or SxS which is why I am sticking with an ATV.

/ Polaris sportsman atv's #12  
very nice atv's! the "value line" Polaris came out with is a homerun in my opinion. they took a page from tractor manufacturer's books and saw a need for reasonably priced, yet still nice featured atv's. not everyone wants to spend $8,000-10,000 on an atv. I know I sure didn't the last time and decided to buy used. with that said I was looking VERY hard at the Sportsman 800. what a machine for under $8k!!! the 500 Sportsman is the best value for your money on the market today in my opinion. I've always owned Honda's but I can honestly say that I was looking hard at the Polaris 800, and no one, I mean NO ONE makes a better riding atv's then Polaris. you should really enjoy these. my only suggestion to you is to lock them up as best as you can when not in use. nothing more frustrating then having a brand new atv stolen by some fool.

I disagree with your OPINION, (coming from Polaris to Honda myself). Its really just a matter of ones opinion and what one wants.
The best thing anyone can do when shopping for an ATV is test ride them before you buy. Stay away from stealerships that wont let you test drive.

/ Polaris sportsman atv's #13  
I disagree with your OPINION, (coming from Polaris to Honda myself). Its really just a matter of ones opinion and what one wants.
The best thing anyone can do when shopping for an ATV is test ride them before you buy. Stay away from stealerships that wont let you test drive.

Agree, going from a Polaris Sportsman 700 to a Yamaha 700 Grizzly. I liked the Sportsman and it is still running strong, I just prefer the ride and handling of the Yamaha better. There is a reason they make more than one brand, size or model; look at all of them and pick the one you like best.

/ Polaris sportsman atv's #14  
Just quick update on the two sportsmans., I am still really happy with my purchases, my wife and I went on a day long guided trail ride with an atv club in the next township over and had an absolute blast. I can't get over how capable these machines are ,two foot deep water, rocks, steep hills ,loose gravel all child's play for the sportsmans .
I am especially pleased with the power of the 400 (450) ,while the 500 has more power overall and sounds better when revved out, the 400 is clutched so well it's never more than a couple of lengths behind the 500. I can't wait to get some more miles on them, we are allready planning our next trip......Craig

That is great to hear! How many miles on them now? Did you do the clutch on the 400HO? Or is it that way from the factory?

Did you do the first service on them?

/ Polaris sportsman atv's #15  
Just quick update on the two sportsmans., I am still really happy with my purchases, my wife and I went on a day long guided trail ride with an atv club in the next township over and had an absolute blast. I can't get over how capable these machines are ,two foot deep water, rocks, steep hills ,loose gravel all child's play for the sportsmans .
I am especially pleased with the power of the 400 (450) ,while the 500 has more power overall and sounds better when revved out, the 400 is clutched so well it's never more than a couple of lengths behind the 500. I can't wait to get some more miles on them, we are allready planning our next trip......Craig

I have a 2006 800 Sportsman and really like it. I have crawled through and over some really mean stuff with mine. I have a Warn winch on the front but have never had to use it from being stuck.

/ Polaris sportsman atv's #16  
I have a 2006 700 and really do like it. I use it to pull a utility trailer with stuff on land. I have used the winch to move logs, though if they are heavier than the Sportsman it may move. My wife uses it to ride on land when I am playing with the tractor.
I added a jumper to connect the low and hi beams so they both burn when the Hi beam is switched on, gives great light. I got it before I got the tractor and got it big enough to pull trailer with wood (not down hill though) and pull logs. However, now with tractor I would have gotten a smaller one just to save the extra money. It is a great ATV.

/ Polaris sportsman atv's #17  
I have a 2006 700 and really do like it. I use it to pull a utility trailer with stuff on land. I have used the winch to move logs, though if they are heavier than the Sportsman it may move. My wife uses it to ride on land when I am playing with the tractor.
I added a jumper to connect the low and hi beams so they both burn when the Hi beam is switched on, gives great light. I got it before I got the tractor and got it big enough to pull trailer with wood (not down hill though) and pull logs. However, now with tractor I would have gotten a smaller one just to save the extra money. It is a great ATV.

I winched a 1,300# lawn tractor sideways up a steep hill with my 770# Sportsman. I really still haven't figured out how that could work. But it did make me forever a winch person.

/ Polaris sportsman atv's
Williambos, I have just over 100 miles and 22 hours on the 500 ,so I will be doing the service in the next week or so . I have read the owners manual and the process looks straightforward. As far as the clutching goes it is stock on both machines , and in both cases it seems to be spot on for trail riding........Craig

/ Polaris sportsman atv's #19  
Williambos, I have just over 100 miles and 22 hours on the 500 ,so I will be doing the service in the next week or so . I have read the owners manual and the process looks straightforward. As far as the clutching goes it is stock on both machines , and in both cases it seems to be spot on for trail riding........Craig

Thanks Craig!

/ Polaris sportsman atv's #20  
Nice Machines, my new 800 should be here this coming weekend~!