What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have.

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #231  
My new Honda Pioneer 700-4 is at the dealer for prep and delivers on Thursday. Cant wait to give it a ride. :) :thumbsup:
Brand new 1st year model. Serial number 8xx. Hope they did their homework. ;)

Also drive a Kawa Prairie 400 wheeler.....and use our Golf Cart allot.

I seen the new pioneer at dealer looked good. What made you pick it over that commander setting next to it?

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #232  
I went to look at the pioneer at the dealer but the only one they had in was still in the crate from shipping. Supposedly this week it will be on the floor.

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #233  
I seen the new pioneer at dealer looked good. What made you pick it over that commander setting next to it?

The utility need as well as the 4 passenger needs are my motivator. NOBODY has anything like the Pioneer. Then too.....Honda reliability and quality is good by me. I like the size and ergonomics for it's intended uses. I'm not a racer.....I will use it for food plotting, maintainance, and some trail riding. Will also use it for ice fishing and hunting....both with 2 and with 4 passengers at times. Not looking to win any races. Still.....I want a fun ride. That seems to be the Pioneer strong suit: Versatility. :D

Fits my needs to a "T".

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #234  

The utility need as well as the 4 passenger needs are my motivator. NOBODY has anything like the Pioneer. Then too.....Honda reliability and quality is good by me. I like the size and ergonomics for it's intended uses. I'm not a racer.....I will use it for food plotting, maintainance, and some trail riding. Will also use it for ice fishing and hunting....both with 2 and with 4 passengers at times. Not looking to win any races. Still.....I want a fun ride. That seems to be the Pioneer strong suit: Versatility. :D

Fits my needs to a "T".

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #235  

Fits my needs to a "T".

You're right. There is nothing quite like it. I am more biased to the JD Gators and Polaris Rangers. But then again, I am a mechanic at a John Deere/Polaris dealer, lol. But if I may ask, where does your fishing/hunting gear go while seating 4 people? And by that I mean your bags, weapons, poles, and your game/fish when the trip is over?

Nonetheless, looks like a sweet ride and hope it works out great! Don't forget pictures of it in use!

Kyle

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #236  

Fits my needs to a "T".

My Big Red will do 42mph, more than fast enough for any trail or back road. I haven't done it but others with the BR have said disconnecting the rear sway bar will give a better ride. Since I use mine for more utility type stuff it's never mattered to me. About my only complaint is that the battery is too small. I replaced mine with a small car battery. If you are going to get a winch you'll need more battery capacity.

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #237  
You're right. There is nothing quite like it. I am more biased to the JD Gators and Polaris Rangers. But then again, I am a mechanic at a John Deere/Polaris dealer, lol. But if I may ask, where does your fishing/hunting gear go while seating 4 people? And by that I mean your bags, weapons, poles, and your game/fish when the trip is over?

Nonetheless, looks like a sweet ride and hope it works out great! Don't forget pictures of it in use!

Kyle

That seems to be the trade off, with all 4 seats occupied there isn't much room for extras. I think for those times you could use one of those receiver hitch cargo carriers or pull a small trailer. Of course, the passengers could hold a good amount of their own things as well. The trade off to me seems well worth it for the reduced wheelbase you get. I wouldn't want a 4 passenger Ranger for instance because of the super long wheelbase getting hung up cresting hills and reducing the turning radius. Seems like the full time crew is great for wide open flat stretches or someone who is always carrying 3 additional people.

For me, I would probably only be trail riding when all 4 seats are occupied, and it would most likely be just myself when using it for utility. Of course, you can also have one back seat down for storage if there are only 3 people.

Seems like Honda hit a home run for an all in one package with this one. It appears to be the jack of all trades but master of none which is what I am looking for in a side by side.

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #238  

Kyle

Yep, it would be too small for four folks with lots of gear.....unless you pull a trailer. But my needs for 4 riders comes only for trail riding - no gear invoived with that. When ice fishing....I pull my house on ski's along with all the gear inside the house - or just ride back and forth to the house - where the gear is stowed away.

80% of the time it's use will be for 1 or 2 riders.......with the option for 3 or 4 riders on the trails. Nice part for my family is that kids and grandkids can go along on the trail rides - safely.

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #239  
My Big Red will do 42mph, more than fast enough for any trail or back road. I haven't done it but others with the BR have said disconnecting the rear sway bar will give a better ride. Since I use mine for more utility type stuff it's never mattered to me. About my only complaint is that the battery is too small. I replaced mine with a small car battery. If you are going to get a winch you'll need more battery capacity.
It depends on your definition of "better". It will be different. :)

The sway bar is designed to limit body lean when going fast and turning. The disadvantage is it limits suspension travel.
P9250001.JPG

Since my main UTV use is off road, I disconnected the sway bar on my Ranger Electric.
P9250004.JPG
Just rotated it all the way out of the way and put the rubber bushings back in place.

Don't know if it would be that easy on yours.

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #240  
Like I said, I haven't done it but the thought process is that having a sway bar on the rear forces the utv to pitch side to side as the rear tires go over rocks and such. Without it each tire can move independently and not disrupt the vehicle. Some swear by it.