CT 230 moves forward without driver input

/ CT 230 moves forward without driver input #21  
Nice to hear. You guys are the first I've heard to have it fixed. When my dealer looked at mine he did a pressure test at the ports under the floor and found it was lower than it should be. If a new damper was available at the time for me, I suspect it would have masked the problem since it was not operating within specs.

/ CT 230 moves forward without driver input #22  
Nice to hear. You guys are the first I've heard to have it fixed. When my dealer looked at mine he did a pressure test at the ports under the floor and found it was lower than it should be. If a new damper was available at the time for me, I suspect it would have masked the problem since it was not operating within specs.

Mine was not fixed with a new damper. That is the first thing Bobcat throws on them when you have this problem.

/ CT 230 moves forward without driver input #23  
This issue of run away tractors really scares me, especially since I have kids around the house. Since I switched from a gear transmission kubota to HST kioti, I always switch the tractor to neutral and use a brake.... You never know when a return spring or something else malfunctions....

/ CT 230 moves forward without driver input
They gave us a new damper early on - no help.
$4k was just the parts as I recall, not the labor.
For the gent asking about the brake - you could hear the hydro start to load up and try to drive with the brake locked. Brake held, but it wanted to move.

/ CT 230 moves forward without driver input #25  
Looking to buy a ct235 soon...im surprised they dont have a seatswitch to stop this. My fathers nh ct40d you MUST have the tractor in neutral AND have the pb on or it will kill the motor.

/ CT 230 moves forward without driver input #26  
Looking to buy a ct235 soon...im surprised they dont have a seatswitch to stop this. My fathers nh ct40d you MUST have the tractor in neutral AND have the pb on or it will kill the motor.

There is a seat switch and you have to lock the brake to keep engine running when you get off. When brake is adjusted correctly, you can drive through the brake in low range if you push the pedal hard enough. It will stall the hydro in medium or high range with brake locked properly.

/ CT 230 moves forward without driver input #27  
is the seat switch normally open or normally closed? Do I need to jumper the switch, or just open the connector to disable the seat shut off?

/ CT 230 moves forward without driver input #28  
We had a CT230. Not long after we got it, it ended up with its front wheels in the shallow end of our pond. It had a mind of its own I guess!

/ CT 230 moves forward without driver input #29  
We had a CT230. Not long after we got it, it ended up with its front wheels in the shallow end of our pond. It had a mind of its own I guess!

The hydro pedal stuck?

/ CT 230 moves forward without driver input #30  
My Kubota L3240 HST had a scare like this several years ago. It was my fault. Somehow I had bumped the cruise control lever just a little forward. Needless to say the cruise was edging me forward. My lesson learned was to be aware of the cruise lever. I never had the issue again.