CT 230 moves forward without driver input

/ CT 230 moves forward without driver input #11  
I'm sorry to hear it. My dealer and I both said the same thing, it has to be fixed because there are kids around. Mine was one of several tractors my dealer has fixed, and even so, they got a little of the run around from Kioti over it, but they know the problem and what fixes it, so they stood strong and Kioti replaced the HST and the problem was gone. I really do think that working the tractor to it's limit in 3rd gear damages something on the inside of the HST and causes the issue. Unfortunately, Bobcat put out the service bulletin about the issue and it's pretty clear they're not getting into the HST replacing business. I don't think you'll ever adjust this behavior out of the tractor.

Sooooo, $1200 annual service??!!!???!!!! Do they replate the tires in gold? For the life of me, I can't think what regular service needs to be done that could cost that much. The 50hr service should only cost $600 - $800 if they do it for you, and then you only do it every 400 (I think) hrs. Any other work should be done under warranty, including the attempt to adjust the HST.

It sucks, but even a red headed Irish-Sicilian wife isn't going to argue well enough to get Bobcat to replace the HST if their Service Bulletin was any indication, and if anybody here believes me or not, that's the only way you'll fix it. I have yet to see a post on TBN of anybody FIXING the issue any other way. Lots of people claim to make it better, but mine was the only one to be fixed that I can find. I would say if it's something you can't live with, you need to trade for another model or brand. It's almost like the jerky hitch issue with Kubota, you either live with it or get a different tractor.

/ CT 230 moves forward without driver input
Never doubt the redheaded Irish Sicilian! Bobcat sent a tech rep to our dealer and aggreed to replace the hydro unit and give a 1 year warranty!

OBTW - $1200 includes a new hydraulic cooler that ruptured out of warranty- $350.

/ CT 230 moves forward without driver input #13  
Never doubt the redheaded Irish Sicilian! Bobcat sent a tech rep to our dealer and aggreed to replace the hydro unit and give a 1 year warranty!

OBTW - $1200 includes a new hydraulic cooler that ruptured out of warranty- $350.

Sounds like they talked to Laurence. I hope you realize that the hydro that is in your tractor is the same as the replacemet hydro, there are no updates to it. You run the risk of getting a bad one again!

/ CT 230 moves forward without driver input #14  
I have a 230 and it does this when it is cold. Once warmed up there is no problem at all. Bought it in 12/2010 and only have 120 hours on it.

/ CT 230 moves forward without driver input #15  
..... I have yet to see a post on TBN of anybody FIXING the issue any other way. Lots of people claim to make it better, but mine was the only one to be fixed that I can find......

Ken, replacing the pedal dampener with the new version with the stronger spring FIXED MY STICKY HYDRO!!!

/ CT 230 moves forward without driver input
Thanks all. Im going in eyes wide open. That's why we got the year warranty. It don't work - they are a phone call away. We'll run her hard this next year, and see. As long as the wife can be safe working it - I'm good!

/ CT 230 moves forward without driver input #17  
It is over $4,000 to have the hydro replaced out of warranty.

/ CT 230 moves forward without driver input #19  
Curious, does this 'un-wanted' forward movement happen if your foot brake is applied ?

/ CT 230 moves forward without driver input #20  
krazsk said:
Ken, replacing the pedal dampener with the new version with the stronger spring FIXED MY STICKY HYDRO!!!

My 235 was fixed by the updated dampener as well.