Any Homemade Mini Dozers?

/ Any Homemade Mini Dozers? #31  
Iplayfarmer,

Why not make your own tracks. Looks pretty straight forward. Build them using dimension of half air in tires. When built, slide them on and inflate tires to tighten up tracks. You would have to lock your steering if putting on a garden tractor. I have a set for my skidsteer, but have not put them on yet. You can order a complete rubber or steel set of tracks for different skidsteers.

J_J

That is a good job on the tracks.

Did you have something to hold it all when you welded the chain up?

/ Any Homemade Mini Dozers? #32  
J_J

That is a good job on the tracks.

Did you have something to hold it all when you welded the chain up?

I am sorry, but I did not intend to imply that I built them. These were on Ebay, the guy will build to order. . However, I could build them if I had a need for them. A shop press and a welder, metal and chain is all you would need. Just figure out the length of steel to cover the track of your tire, plus about 3 in over lap. and weld the chain on at whatever spacing. You could have a flat track, or weld angle iron to the flat cleats. or rebar to the flat cleats.

/ Any Homemade Mini Dozers? #33  
I am sorry, but I did not intend to imply that I built them. These were on Ebay, the guy will build to order. . However, I could build them if I had a need for them. A shop press and a welder, metal and chain is all you would need. Just figure out the length of steel to cover the track of your tire, plus about 3 in over lap. and weld the chain on at whatever spacing. You could have a flat track, or weld angle iron to the flat cleats. or rebar to the flat cleats.

OK,

I understand now.

I just figured you built them.__I seen some other things you built before.:D

/ Any Homemade Mini Dozers? #34  
you can build tracks using roller chain and flat bar. theres thread called another minidozer on machine builders.net you should check out

/ Any Homemade Mini Dozers? #36  
All this brainstorming about tracks has given me some ideas. I've liked the positive engagement that roller chain and sprockets give, but I like the idea of rubber treads because of the minimal damage to driveways and roads. I'm thinking about flat bar welded to roller chain with rubber tread bolted to the flat bar. The rubber tread could be cut from sections of R4 tires. It seems like the best of all worlds.

/ Any Homemade Mini Dozers? #38  
1/5 Scale Sherman Tank this looks great. I think any kid would love one.

I love that one too. I guess the guy got some kind of a "Best Dad" award for his creation.

I like the remote control option. I keep thinking to myself that it could be done with some solenoid hydraulic valves and some relays. I haven't quite figured out the throttle yet, but I'm sure there are ways to do it.

I love thinking about crazy stuff like that. One of my favorite threads to date on TBN was the "craziest build ideas" thread. I was a little dissapointed when it shifted from future crazy plans to reminiscence of childhood follies, but it was still a great thread.

/ Any Homemade Mini Dozers? #39  
I hope that the Sherman tank has some covers for the chain drive mechanism inside the tank.

The tracked wheelbarrow is something else. How did you make it?

Some of the newer Gravelys had independent brakes on each axle. Maybe you could make the drive assembly out of one of them, but it would be heavy.