Any Homemade Mini Dozers?

/ Any Homemade Mini Dozers? #51  
It will once the blade is operating correctly. The engine is only running at half throttle. I'll post more as it get it's improvements.

/ Any Homemade Mini Dozers? #53  
It will once the blade is operating correctly. The engine is only running at half throttle. I'll post more as it get it's improvements.

Would really like to know more about this one.

Chris

/ Any Homemade Mini Dozers? #55  
Well, I finally got the correct pumps on the Dirthog and oh what a difference it made. Here's some footage of it in action. By the way, the mini van is in park with the brake!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qmsu8fwRSlU]DIRTHOG Mini Dozer! Can your Magnatrac mini bulldozer do this? - YouTube[/ame]

/ Any Homemade Mini Dozers?
Sorry about not updating on this thread! I have forgotten about it. I am actually going to call Struckcorp tomorrow and order plans for the MT1800. I will do better on keeping ya'll up to date. Thanks.

/ Any Homemade Mini Dozers? #57  
DB

How are you making out with the minidozer plans?

I can't help myself asking, I am very curious. As I recall, Struck uses 550 (Boston Gear stock #?)conveyor chain for the tracks. The grousers are welded to the ears or tabs were the conveyor surface is mounted. Replacing the wheels of a stock lawn tractor with a sprocket would yield a great start on a crawler. For a machine of this caliber, the track frames wouldn't have to flex if they were built strong enough.

Cam

/ Any Homemade Mini Dozers?
Thanks Camdigger, i have a John Deere 210 which I have thought of using as the axle for the dozer and either building tracks from scratch or using conveyor chain. I have an old Lycoming diesel engine of 6hp i want to use for power which can be seen on youtube, just look for junkman6261. I haven't started for lack of funds, and I have many other projects to complete first. I hope to possibly get started early next year. Thanks for asking and love your posts as well! DB

/ Any Homemade Mini Dozers? #59  
I had a friend who did this with tractor tires, and he said they slippped when he got into snow or wet ... but then, he put in all season or winter radial tires and end of slipping.

I am also looking at doing at a crawler vehicle for snow plowing and ice fishing; I want something that will float on mud and snow, the manufactured OEM products are amphib, and I don't care about being amphibous.

/ Any Homemade Mini Dozers? #60  
Hey Nick out here in lvnv. I was interested in your tractor if you still have it and want you would want for it.