another pond rake

/ another pond rake #1  

jwmorris

Veteran Member
I got the idea from here so I though would share. After a few trials and errors we've got one that works. The first design was just the boiler pipe and rake, it bent. The 2nd generation was with the truss, the water primrose folded over the rake (the same thing that bent the 1st gen) until it was so heavy the top link broke. The addition of an old desk top was the key to keeping everything clear and running.

HPIM0276.jpg

HPIM0277.jpg

HPIM0272.jpg

/ another pond rake #2  
I like that rake I built a smaller similar one for a customer with a smaller tractor. I made his like a high lift boom or post digger. The main had a top link eye and I used a draw bar end to make the lower lift arms. I thin k it was about 15 feet all together. The customer bought a house with a small pond and it was full of catttails and hyacinth. IN the pivoted cset up he can letthe rake drag the bottom contours.

/ another pond rake #3  
That thing looks mean!

I made a boom for the FEL with a reciever to mount implements. Am planning to do something similar. Thanks for posting.

/ another pond rake #4  
That looks really good. I especially like the desk top. Is it like na adhesion board on F1? The water floating keeps the rake to the bottom? How far does it reach?
My second generation pond rake is waiting for the stem upgrade, I realized it has to be steel and didn't get to it yet.

/ another pond rake #5  
I need something like that, have a lot of cattails. Thanks for the pictures.

/ another pond rake
I especially like the desk top. Is it like na adhesion board on F1? The water floating keeps the rake to the bottom?

The desk top was the key to it working, without it when you lower the rake to the bottom the water primrose wraps around the top of the rake and won't come off on shore, when you want it to. I'm not sure how long it is I'd guess about 25'

/ another pond rake #7  
That is exactly what I have been needing to clean my pond! I would have never thought of doing that. Thanks for the post.

/ another pond rake #8  
The dealer i do most business with, are in an area with peat soils. Their father used to build these kind of things in the 50's and 60's before mid-mount ditch cleaning backhoes came around.
In those days, they cleaned miles of waterways each spring, with this kind of rakes. I guess they didnt know what a neck hernia was in those days, so they just kept going.....