Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1215, Toro 266-H, Pennsylvania Panzer, Case 444, Craftsman 14/6

Default Anyone Ever Built a Manure Spreader?

So I was pricing Manure Spreaders today just for fun, and I was floored at the prices even of used spreaders.

Has anyone out there ever built a manure spreader? What did you use? How much did it cost? Was it worth it?
    From now on I will only buy cars that are a silver/grey color. Then I can make all body repairs with Duct Tape.

Tractor
    BX 24

Default Re: Anyone Ever Built a Manure Spreader?

Designed and built myself, check it out.
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/b...ck-screen.html

Tractor
    Montana R28

I too am looking for a spreader prices are high. Manure I have is well aged almost dirt not that wet at all a shredder would better for me I believe.

Would like to see if anyone comes up with a DIY build.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7100D

Quote Originally Posted by alltoys View Post
    I too am looking for a spreader prices are high. Manure I have is well aged almost dirt not that wet at all a shredder would better for me I believe.

Would like to see if anyone comes up with a DIY build.
    Something like this might work better for you:

Bullspreader - Compost Spreader

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7100D

Quote Originally Posted by Iplayfarmer View Post
    So I was pricing Manure Spreaders today just for fun, and I was floored at the prices even of used spreaders.
    Isn't it crazy what they cost? Even those little ones are very pricey.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    3550 Fard Backhoe and a 1948 Farmall Cub,

Im looking to make a similar one myself. I need one without a beater to help tun my compost windrows by loading it into that pto driven spreader while its parked. That way it will completely mix my windrow and help break down the chunks of leaves. The old ones are hard to find and the graound drive wont work. I saw one made from a set of feeder house chains and sprokets from an old combine. acutall ythey used 2 feed house units bolted togeter and a beat uit that made it. I want to build the same thing without the beater. You could start there I think if the scrappers havent got them all they can be had for cheap.

I also and planning one made from an old fuel tank like on on farmshow. a side discharge type or flail type.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1215, Toro 266-H, Pennsylvania Panzer, Case 444, Craftsman 14/6

Quote Originally Posted by jmarotz View Post
    Designed and built myself, check it out.
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/b...ck-screen.html
    Interesting. If I'm ever over on your side of the state, I'll have to come take a look. I guess it shows that a manure spreader doesn't have to be a box with beaters at the back.
    From now on I will only buy cars that are a silver/grey color. Then I can make all body repairs with Duct Tape.

"Ranchin'" on a 1/4 of a 1/4 in Seminole County, Oklahoma!
    Tractor
    2004 Kubota M4800 SU

Farmer, I've got a seed and fertilizer spreader like pictured below and use it to spread very dry equine (horse and mule) manure. Works quite well for my needs. Lays down a pretty good blanket of fertilizer.

Jay
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -spreader-planting-1714-jpg  
    Jay

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 NKJV

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7100D

Quote Originally Posted by jayste View Post
    Farmer, I've got a seed and fertilizer spreader like pictured below and use it to spread very dry equine (horse and mule) manure. Works quite well for my needs. Lays down a pretty good blanket of fertilizer.
    I'm curious as to what happens if a rock gets in there? Seems like a few always get mixed up with the manure/compost type stuff.

"Ranchin'" on a 1/4 of a 1/4 in Seminole County, Oklahoma!
    Tractor
    2004 Kubota M4800 SU

Charlz,

Probably would depend on the size. It's gonna sling it, jump & roll around in the hopper or jamb up the works!

Jay
    Jay

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 NKJV

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast