Tractor
    L2250 Kubota

Default Homemade garden tractor ramps

Gentlemen
    This was a quick project using electrical trough cable trays, they were being thrown out. The ends that I bolted on are what I thought might be of interest. They are 1/4" aluminum checker plate that I cut with my angle skil saw. They are designed to operate between 18" and 42" range. I caused a slight bending on the tongue like that of a table fork.The tip will not load at 18" or point up at 42". I bent them in the hydraulic press as shown, it is now a piece cardboard for the picture.
    I figure each ramp to hold 250LBS and they a 9" wide by 10 feet long, and can be ganged as shown. So 1000 LBS if they are covered with plywood and clamped together.
    Craig Clayton
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dsc00714-2-jpg   -dsc00716-2-jpg   -dsc00711-2-jpg   -dsc00708-2-jpg   -dsc00709-2-jpg  

-dsc00710-2-jpg  

Default Re: Homemade garden tractor ramps

They look like they are as strong as the commercial ones, at least the cheap commercial ones for sure! I wouldn't be too quick about putting plywood on them, it won't add any strength and will make them heavier to handle plus plywood can be slippery as all get out!especially if wet. The extra length of them (over store bought) should make them much more user friendly! Nothing worse than getting hung up with a low ground clearance machine on the top end of ramps because of too sharp an angle.
    I give them

Elite Member

Default Re: Homemade garden tractor ramps

One of the worst things about ramps is the possibility of slipping, especially when you put metal on a plastic bedliner. One thing you might do is glue a nonslip cushion type material to contact area of the ramp lip. You may have a better plan of your own.

Nice looking ramps.