Scrap Iron Loader

/ Scrap Iron Loader #1  

bal0123

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar 2210, and 2, 425 John deere lawn tractors
Here are a few pics of my homemade loader. This is the 2nd Loader I have built. 1st one I bought all the iron and material to build it, This one I went the cheap way out and salvaged for scrap iron at the dump and were ever else I could find it. The bucket is the only iron I had to buy, since finding a flat sheet of 11 gauge sheet iron is impossible to find at the dump. The cylinders, the single stick two spool control valve and all the hoses and fittings cost me. But I now have a loader for less than 800 dollars and it works great. I had no plans just cut and weld and if it worked great and it did. I am not a welder either, it aint pretty but it holds.

Attachments

• yanmar loader 007.jpg
    yanmar loader 007.jpg
    500.1 KB · Views: 813
  • yanmar loader 008.jpg
    yanmar loader 008.jpg
    462.3 KB · Views: 500
  • yanmar loader 010.jpg
    yanmar loader 010.jpg
    592 KB · Views: 752
  • yanmar loader 011.jpg
    yanmar loader 011.jpg
    610.1 KB · Views: 590
  • yanmar loader 013.jpg
    yanmar loader 013.jpg
    440.5 KB · Views: 493
  • yanmar loader 014.jpg
    yanmar loader 014.jpg
    452 KB · Views: 482
   / Scrap Iron Loader #2  
Nice Job:thumbsup:.....I like the nice high lift also.....

/ Scrap Iron Loader #3  
Here are a few pics of my homemade loader. This is the 2nd Loader I have built. 1st one I bought all the iron and material to build it, This one I went the cheap way out and salvaged for scrap iron at the dump and were ever else I could find it. The bucket is the only iron I had to buy, since finding a flat sheet of 11 gauge sheet iron is impossible to find at the dump. The cylinders, the single stick two spool control valve and all the hoses and fittings cost me. But I now have a loader for less than 800 dollars and it works great. I had no plans just cut and weld and if it worked great and it did. I am not a welder either, it aint pretty but it holds.

Looks great. For some one that isn't a welder, looks like you did a good job. My trick when I weld is to hurry and paint the welds so the rain does not wash them away!!!

/ Scrap Iron Loader #5  
That is a challenging project. I have made a few things from scrap, yours turned out nicely!:)

/ Scrap Iron Loader #6  
Looking great! I also like the lever for scoop dumping.

/ Scrap Iron Loader #7  
Nicely done - I can see a lot of thought went into it.

-Jim

/ Scrap Iron Loader #8  
Nice job! :thumbsup:

/ Scrap Iron Loader #9  
If I could find "scrap' like that at my dump I'd be there A LOT. Nice job. MikeD74T
Me too! Around here the "dump" makes much of their money off of scrap metal, no scavenging allowed. Not sure why anyone would take that stuff to the dump in the first place?

But nice loader though!

/ Scrap Iron Loader
thanks for all the good comments, I know it has been awhile since I posted last, got a serious virus and crashed my computer. Needless to say took me awhile to save to buy another computer. I have made a new modification to my tractor. The front stock wheels would not hold the load of a bucket full of clay soil, kept popping the tires off the rim, even when they were filled with 120 psi, The 3 rib bias ply tires are only rated for 60 psi. The 120 helped a little but also I was a nervous wreck when airing them up this much. I purchased these new wheels and tires from tractor supply, they are 185/70/13 with load range C tires, basically small trailer tires. I could not find any that matched up to my 4 bolt pattern. So I cut out the centers and made my own centers out of 3/8 steel plate. So far they work nicely. Here is a pic of them lifting the backend of my 1/2 ton chevy. and they are not even flat. HIPPIE

Attachments

• DSCF1165.jpg
    DSCF1165.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 296
  • DSCF1166.jpg
    DSCF1166.jpg
    357.2 KB · Views: 334
  • DSCF1167.jpg
    DSCF1167.jpg
    452.3 KB · Views: 352