Scrap Iron Loader

/ Scrap Iron Loader #12  
The front stock wheels would not hold the load of a bucket full of clay soil, kept popping the tires off the rim, even when they were filled with 120 psi, The 3 rib bias ply tires are only rated for 60 psi.
filling them with more pressure doesnt help much, because the belt that should keep the heel on the rim, stretches more. I like wagon tires a ply rating above what i need according to manufacturers recommendation, because dry rot is allways quicker than wear on my bale trailers.

/ Scrap Iron Loader #13  
Adapt-A-Wheel! Nice job. You gotta take them down to the tire place and ask them to balance them fer ya.. :laughing:

/ Scrap Iron Loader #14  
What kind of psi are you putting on the hydraulics for the loader? Are you using an auxiliary pump or just the tractor hydraulics. What size cylinders are you using?

I ask because it seems like that little tractor and loader has a LOT of lift power!

Greg

/ Scrap Iron Loader
LOL !!!! yeah the 120 psi in the tires, they were not old tires, new tires just had a few plugs in them, ended up blowing the plugs out aswell. I said I was a nervous wreck when doing this but honestley I had on two pair of insulated coveralls and a motorcycle helment with face shield and two pair of leather welding gloves also had my cell phone in my pocket in case I needed to dial 911. I was more scared of the sudden BOOM then what danger or harm it would actually cause me. Thankfully my compressor only goes up to 120 psi, who knows what would happen if it went higher.
GSDavis I don't know what kind of PSI, I am getting out of the system pressure. I have not hooked up a gauge to it yet. Though I am using the tractors hydraulic pump. Before I made the loader I did my homework and found out that these old grey market yanmar tractor hydraulic pumps only put out 2-4 gallons per minute, not much but it is something to work with. I used a single stick, two spool control valve that is rated for only up to 7 gallons per minute. Purchased this from Northerntool. I also purchased my cylinders from Northern they are 2" bore with a 1 1/8" rod, 16" stroke, these are tie rod cylinders but work great for this application aswell. My bucket filled with somewhat moist red clay soil which is very heavy. I figured the bucket to hold approximatley 10.0 cubic feet of material with the bucket heaped and soil dumping out I figure about 12 or 13 cubic feet, which I think is about 2 wheel barrows full. It works great the hydraulics are a little slow to dump the bucket but the boom up and down work terrific.