Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son

/ Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son
So I've spent the past couple weeks cleaning and rearranging the garage (to make it easier to work in and to make space for a new tool), cutting a few things off the frame that were for the old transmissions, and redesigning around the new pumps and motors. I think I got it. I've also been modeling it in the cad program I use at work. Gives me practice since I don't use it at work everyday. Yet. And it's more powerful than what I was using.

Didn't spend time modeling all of the body pieces since I already made them. The main focus has been the track frame.
New3.jpg

New2.jpg

New1.jpg

And now I started doing a little work.
SAM_0921.jpg

SAM_0922.jpg

Should start moving again now. Hoping to make a lot of progress during the holidays.

/ Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son #93  
Isnt it amazing what levels we will go to in building our toys!!! Or toys for our kids. Love it!! Keep up the good work.

Chris

/ Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son #94  
This is one of the coolest threads I've ever seen. You are one talented guy. The fact that you're using that talent to build something awesome for your little man is better still. Respect. Looking forward to seeing the finished product, with junior smiling on the drivers seat!

Mike

/ Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son #95  
Bing187 said:
This is one of the coolest threads I've ever seen. You are one talented guy. The fact that you're using that talent to build something awesome for your little man is better still. Respect. Looking forward to seeing the finished product, with junior smiling on the drivers seat!

Mike

Sure that this is for the little kid? Or is it for the "big kid"?

Kudos either way and looking forward to a completed crawler.

What CAD program did you use to model the dozer?

Up until recently, I was using Autodesk Inventor 7. Now I'm using UG 7.5

Sure that this is for the little kid? Or is it for the "big kid"?

Kudos either way and looking forward to a completed crawler.

Maybe :) I am enjoying building it. And I'll enjoy watching him riding it around destroying things.

Making some more parts. These are the tensioner rails. Just had to mill out the slot for the pillow block bearings.

SAM_0923.jpg

SAM_0939.jpg

Welded the motor mount block to the main frame rail. The frame rail is 2x6x3/16" tubing and the motor mount block is going to be 1.5" thick.

SAM_0941.jpg

SAM_0942.jpg

SAM_0944.jpg

The block started at 2" thick (it's what I had in the old scrap pile so I had to do a little milling. (Still working on it).

SAM_0948.jpg

SAM_0949.jpg

That is all.

I didn't know Unigraphics was still around.

I know. We get that a lot. But it works I guess.

Some days off from work let me get a few things done.

The motor has two pilot diameters so I decided to use both. I figured why not. It starts at 2.374" and drops down to 1.937" near the end. So I started boring with the biggest bit I had (1-1/8")
BD00353.jpg

Then I switched over to the boring bar.
BD00361.jpg

Lucky for me, I have an automatic feed on the quill, Once I started the larger diameter, I just set it up to stop at the depth I needed.
BD00364.jpg

Finished product with the four 1/2"-13 mounting holes.
BD00367.jpg

Fits up nice.
BD00368.jpg

I've been anxious to try out the new addition to the garage. So I started cleaning up the front tensioner wheel.
BD00371.jpg

I still need add a slight chamfer the edge to guide the wheels into the track but I'll wait until I have all of them ready. I don't feel like retramming the head after one wheel.

The workhorse of the garage.
BD00372a.jpg

That is all for now.

/ Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son #100  
Beautiful! Just Beautiful!

Harry K