Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son

/ Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son
This is what I'm working towards for the frame. It looks really weak by the motor but it will be tied into the frame real well though to beef it back up.

New2-1.jpg

Set up on the rotory table to cut the radius for the drive sprocket opening.
SAM_0971.jpg

SAM_0973.jpg

SAM_0976.jpg

Getting there.
SAM_0980.jpg

And I learned how to draw tracks. Not necessary but I wanted to learn something new in cad.
New1-1.jpg

That is all.

/ Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son #104  
This is what I'm working towards for the frame. It looks really weak by the motor but it will be tied into the frame real well though to beef it back up.

<snip pictures>

Wonderful!! Do you know what that 'bail' looking loop in the middle was for? I don't recall one on the one I spent many hours riding in the early 50s.

Harry K

/ Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son #105  
I'm guessing the OP added the "D-ring" to make his lifting life easier.

/ Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son
I'll bet modeling those tracks in CAD was a fun challenge.

Once I figured it out, it wasn't too bad. But I've been trying since I started the design.

Wonderful!! Do you know what that 'bail' looking loop in the middle was for? I don't recall one on the one I spent many hours riding in the early 50s.

Harry K

Tie down for the trailer. Remember, it isn't going to be an exact replica. Especially in the frame area. It is my own design to work with the drive system and tracks that I have. I don't have the time to do a 100% scale dozer. I just want it to resemble a model twenty two. There is a guy doing a 1/5 scale model sixty. It's crazy. Engine and all. I don't know how he figures it out. And he has a cnc mill. Cool stuff but too much for me right now.

/ Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son #110  
mjncad said:
Based on what I've seen of your work, if you consider the other guy's stuff too much for you; just think how far above and beyond it is for us mere mortals. :D

+1.

I am truly impressed with all of your skills.

No come on man, get busy! We want to see more !!! :)