How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #461  
OK - what are you getting at with meds and asking are we on meds or someone close to us....? What , you don't think medicines will be available at all...? I asked our pharmacist and when I went for my annual physical I asked my doc if society totally collapsed would there be medicines available and she said of course there will be...they will be traded and bartered like anything else...Are you talking about folks that need certain meds to sustain their life ? If so...then they have a problem..because I know of no way to stockpile meds...the have expiration dates and you can only buy as many as you doc prescribes for you..and your doc is not going to give you a prescription for 20 yrs. worth of any medicine...So that leaves buying from the internet which is really dumb...you don't know what you are buying....I am only guessing at the point you are trying to make ...other than you don't care for Palin...and you are ready for society to crumble....buy a bunch of aspirin and hope that is all you will ever need.

You asked your pharmacist? That's the first mistake you made! How does a pharmacist know what's going to happen? They don't know any better than anyone else.
I don't like or dislike Sarah Palin, again, I think she is dumb! I think anyone who says she knows all about Russia because she can see it from her porch is dumb, just so no one thinks I'm biased.

Now as far as meds:

Anyone thinking about survival, and judging by the people on this thread I'd say most of the people here, has to access their needs. Water, food, energy of some type, etc. So if someone needs meds to function marginally then they have to figure out how to get those meds. Personally I think meds are a big problem and will be a big problem.
With that said, the first thing anyone should do who is not well is figure out how to get well because if you can''t take care of yourself when the world is functioning, and if you're on drugs you can't, you're in dire straights when it is not.

Does that make sense? So worrying about getting drugs when things get bad is... well find a sand box and push your head down as far as possible because you're not living in reality as painful as that might be to hear.

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #462  
You asked your pharmacist? That's the first mistake you made! How does a pharmacist know what's going to happen? They don't know any better than anyone else.
I don't like or dislike Sarah Palin, again, I think she is dumb! I think anyone who says she knows all about Russia because she can see it from her porch is dumb, just so no one thinks I'm biased.

Now as far as meds:

Anyone thinking about survival, and judging by the people on this thread I'd say most of the people here, has to access their needs. Water, food, energy of some type, etc. So if someone needs meds to function marginally then they have to figure out how to get those meds. Personally I think meds are a big problem and will be a big problem.
With that said, the first thing anyone should do who is not well is figure out how to get well because if you can''t take care of yourself when the world is functioning, and if you're on drugs you can't, you're in dire straights when it is not.

Does that make sense? So worrying about getting drugs when things get bad is... well find a sand box and push your head down as far as possible because you're not living in reality as painful as that might be to hear.

Whatever.

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #464  
Get that sand box ready!

Hey...Rob...pick on someone else....I have no quarrel with you....You believe and act as you will...just leave me out of it...I was only trying to offer some information on what I had found out about medications....So you go ahead and post to all the folks on here that need medications to stay alive...such as diabetics, heart patients etc....go ahead and tell them to cure themselves or be ready to die...if that makes you feel better.

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #465  
Not me! Tell the people taking about the 1% and the liberals. I don't care who runs the country, I don't even listen to the news. I'm not waiting for the government to save me! People who are talkng about this or that party are waiting for that.

This is basic survival, can you take care of yourself? Are you on meds? Is someone close to you on meds? How can someone think about long term survival when they can't take care of them self?

Someone give that answer? ( Hint, guns and ammo won't help)

I care who runs the country, that is after all one path to survival--reducing the chances that economic chaos, or some faction of extremist or other, does not make far-reaching or extraordinary survival necessary. We can't do a lot about natural catastrophic events, we can, if we are willing to work at it, have the governmental organization, and faith in that, in place to do the best we can in the worst of situations.

Liberal, conservative or whatever, at the end of the day most of us recognize that we are the inheritor's of a great and unique gift. Our squabbles are proof of how much we value that gift. If we ever start to agree about all of our differences, that is the beginning of the end.

I respect those who prepare, who want the security of knowing they are prepared, but that doesn't mean we should ignore some other obvious measures either.

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #466  
I care who runs the country, that is after all one path to survival--reducing the chances that economic chaos, or some faction of extremist or other, does not make far-reaching or extraordinary survival necessary. We can't do a lot about natural catastrophic events, we can, if we are willing to work at it, have the governmental organization, and faith in that, in place to do the best we can in the worst of situations.

Liberal, conservative or whatever, at the end of the day most of us recognize that we are the inheritor's of a great and unique gift. Our squabbles are proof of how much we value that gift. If we ever start to agree about all of our differences, that is the beginning of the end.

I respect those who prepare, who want the security of knowing they are prepared, but that doesn't mean we should ignore some other obvious measures either.

Survival is about reality. We have this idea about how to live and we build a reality around it. If that reality is flawed than our reality falters. The majority of the people in this country are on meds, I know this because once a year I go in for a check up and the first thing the nurse does is ask me what meds I'm on. When I say none I get the 'deer in the headlights' followed by, "well you're the only one". There's something wrong with a society that is on meds, that's a flawed perception of reality but we keep going on with our lives as though it is not.

If the TSHTF that false reality will be one of the first to take a toll. So if you're taking meds, for whatever reason, like most of the people in this country, than you are already in trouble and you have to address the reality you have built that created your poor health. That's best to do while the world is still in one piece.
As far as the government, I don't rely on it any more than I have to, Katrina should have been a wake up call, I'm thinking it wasn't.

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #467  
Hey...Rob...pick on someone else....I have no quarrel with you....You believe and act as you will...just leave me out of it...I was only trying to offer some information on what I had found out about medications....So you go ahead and post to all the folks on here that need medications to stay alive...such as diabetics, heart patients etc....go ahead and tell them to cure themselves or be ready to die...if that makes you feel better.

I'm not picking on you, I''m addressing how we think and that is paramount to survival. You're going to a pharmacist to find out about meds if things get bad, that means two things. One, you're on meds or someone close to you is, and two, you don't know how to get off meds. Either way, you're in trouble. I'm trying to help you, the best help is to recognize that there is a flaw in our thinking because it is something we can address.

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #468  
I'm not picking on you, I''m addressing how we think and that is paramount to survival. You're going to a pharmacist to find out about meds if things get bad, that means two things. One, you're on meds or someone close to you is, and two, you don't know how to get off meds. Either way, you're in trouble. I'm trying to help you, the best help is to recognize that there is a flaw in our thinking because it is something we can address.

You're going to a pharmacist to find out about meds if things get bad, that means two things. One, you're on meds or someone close to you is, and two, you don't know how to get off meds. Either way, you're in trouble.

Rob - Wow, you are one presumptive son of a gun, So you think you have it all figured out...You think you have me figured out...Never assume ...you know the old saying about assuming...? If you don't have someone tell you.

You seem terribly naive...Do you not think you will ever need medications...? I mean you personally ? Do you think yourself bullet proof and invincible....? That is how you express yourself here.....My asking a pharmacist or Doctor their opinion on the availability of medicine is no different than me asking the gun shop if bullets will still be available, or asking the local gas distributor if gasoline would still be available...It does not mean I need bullets or gasoline...I may well have no need at all but curious should the need arise...Are you not curious if meds will be available if you need them in the future...what if society does fall apart and you cut your finger...are you not curious if antibiotics will be available or are you just OK with dying....from the resulting infection...What about food poisoning or any other malady or chronic illness you may develop.....?

Sorry but your posts make me wonder if you are not but about 16 yrs. old or so.

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #469  
Rob - Wow, you are one presumptive son of a gun, So you think you have it all figured out...You think you have me figured out...Never assume ...you know the old saying about assuming...? If you don't have someone tell you.

You seem terribly naive...Do you not think you will ever need medications...? I mean you personally ? Do you think yourself bullet proof and invincible....? That is how you express yourself here.....My asking a pharmacist or Doctor their opinion on the availability of medicine is no different than me asking the gun shop if bullets will still be available, or asking the local gas distributor if gasoline would still be available...It does not mean I need bullets or gasoline...I may well have no need at all but curious should the need arise...Are you not curious if meds will be available if you need them in the future...what if society does fall apart and you cut your finger...are you not curious if antibiotics will be available or are you just OK with dying....from the resulting infection...What about food poisoning or any other malady or chronic illness you may develop.....?

Sorry but your posts make me wonder if you are not but about 16 yrs. old or so.

So you're not on meds? So no one close to you is on meds? Is that what you're saying?

Breaking one's leg is not the same thing as being on meds for the rest of your life. You can have stores of basic meds, know homeopathic medicine, etc. and address those issues.
Being on meds for the rest of ones life is what I'm talking about here and again if you're in that boat you're in trouble.

And no, I'm not on any meds at 67 years old and I'm in perfect health, will I ever be? Probably not, I don't believe in meds for the rest of ones life, so if I get sick I will likely die, I won't get transplants, etc. but I won't go on a meds forever. My thinking is that I want to be able to do the things I want to do and when I can't I no longer want to live.

As for meds, doctors go to medical school paid for by pharmaceutical companies, they become nothing more that pill dispensers. You go to a doctor and he puts you on a pill. It's the old Abe Maslow story, "if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail!" Your health is your responsibility and keeping yourself healthy is part of that but people want a doctor to tell them it's not them who is making them self sick. Rubbish. Sure we can all get sick but most of it is how we eat and think.

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #470  
Rob - We are the same age....that is so shocking to me. From your last post I find that we have little to nothing in common except currently not having to take meds to stay alive....I do however believe in modern medicine and the good doctors and nurses...You have made your own choice to die when you get sick instead of taking medicine...that is your choice to make...God Bless....I am done with this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.