ETA TBN member nomination thread

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #71  
Well, I dont have a need for any of the tractor attachments, dont even own a proper farm tractor, so I wouldnt want to do the build. I have miller plasma, and mig, Lincoln stick and tig, drill press and chop saw and oxy/acy. I also have a monarch 14in lath. I have built many a trailor, even dumps. Several wood splitters and built rotory mowers to attach to mini trackhoes. I have built buckets for FELs and scoops for 3pt. I have built knuckel booms and big stick type log loaders. While I dont really have a need for pre-cut, do it yourself attachment kits. I do have a need for a source for someone to cut out parts for whatever my next build might be. Does Everything Attachments do custom metal cutting? While I usually plasma cut or oxy/acy cut out parts, this usually results in lots of grinding for proper fitment and welding. I can certainly see the need for a company that will cnc cut special order parts that would fill my needs. As a note, there isnt anybody close that I know of that does this sort of custom cutting.
There are lots of them around, but advertising is expensive. When I worked at a shop in Jax, we used a shop to do just what you are looking for in Orlando. Even before I became an employee, I would take the company's truck and run down to pick up the pieces that had cut out of stock metal, from the drawings the boss had emailed to them. That shop barely had their name on the building, much less a website and advertising.
I like the idea that the top nominee's are going to given to ETA and they pick the final one. That leaves an out in case we pick the absolute worse person but the best one for us. I can just hear them saying.... Oh man, anybody but him....lol. Nobody is perfect for this venture, and everyone has agreed to that! Good luck to the winner, and bring on the KITS!!!
David from jax

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #72  
maybe arguing wasn't the correct word to use, it just seemed that some people were getting bitter when their ideas were not agreed upon unanimously. The reason that this is frustrating is that I too am excited for EA to work this out as I am interested. I do like the way that they have responded and think as of yet that is probably the best solution. I just don't want them to be discouraged.
I noticed that also.

I didn't realize that EA was planning on sending more than one kit out to be assembled, that's the best of all worlds for them.

They can get expert advice from some of the 'masters' (my term, and I've mentioned no names) in here and get the 'hands on' feel from the average joe(my term, and I've mentioned no names).

I too hope the plan is a success for EA, and I will be following the build threads of each one to see what happens.

PS.........I've nominated no one, nor will I. I'm nothing more than an interested observer that wants to see the plan work out for all involved.:thumbsup:

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #73  
if you send a kit to someone with proven skills who could build their own in their own shop with out a kit if need be is just a worthless attempt to showcase the kits , Send them to an average joe with average skills and then you have a real assessment of how good the kit is rather than how good the builder is !:thumbsup:

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #74  
I didn't realize that EA was planning on sending more than one kit out to be assembled, that's the best of all worlds for them.

I don't know that they did, and I hate to put words in their mouths- it just had seemed like that was what I remember them saying earlier. Apparently I am the only one, so I am probably wrong. Not trying to be greedy, I am happy with them only doing one kit.

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #75  
Wait?? I thought EA said that everyone on TBN will get a free kit?? Or is that just wishful thinking:laughing:

Seriously, I am glad it is going well and is moving ahead.

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #76  
Wait?? I thought EA said that everyone on TBN will get a free kit?? Or is that just wishful thinking:laughing:

Seriously, I am glad it is going well and is moving ahead.

+1:cool:

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #77  
Hi Guys:
I Nominate ME :D as I have been BROKE DO TO my woman being out of work for 3 years. We BOTH have lots of projects in-mind just time/money either one or the other not both...

First a couple thoughts, I agree should be someone with good skill but maybe not the best tooling/equipment. OR someone with good tooling and average skills both have merits. I look at it as the guy who has the skills and all the tools probably would not be buying "pre-fab" kits they would BUILD it with little more than chalk and shop floor sketches.

The guy who has limited tools and good/moderate skills with JUST ENOUGH tools to do the job needed for a "KIT ASSEMBLY" on top of the skills to Document the build and provide feedback. Someone who can weld grind & paint but has limited heavy steel cutting ability or limited access to steel.

That all said heck I'll toss my hat into ring. Vote SPIKER :D (shameless pandering to follow)

I'm now riding a desk, years of fabricating industrial equipment got me there. I do engineering now for my paycheck but still get into the shop during builds to make sure everything is done well.

Now I'm not in the shop I have less access to equipment which for this type of a KIT I think what I have will work.

Tractor, JM284 (28HP 4 wheel drive) with FEL and Backhoe, Implements include Box Blade, 5' Finish Mower, 6' Rotary Cutter, 6' leaf/root rake, 6' blade, 4' rototiller as all the BOUGHT add on toys er tools.

SHOP 38x50 Pole Barn w Concrete 120/240VAC (not yet heated :( )

SHOP TOOLS include 120V Mig, and 240V Stick (AC/DC).
Great Compressor with a good bit of Air Powered Hand tools; Grinders, Sanders, Drills, Sandblasters and die-grinders etc.
Lots of Electric Hand Tools as well; Drills, Saws, Grinders and the like.
Hand Tools galore :D and a lot of both Standard and Metric sizes, tons of squares angle finders and a good bit of machining accuracy type tools.

WHAT have I built, it is a real long list but for the sake of my above posts I'm going to say what I've built mostly at home and or home repairs to my equipment.

Dump Trailer, Single Axle made mostly from sheet steel and SQ tubing with Mobile Home axle cut down to fit. Pics can be seen here. dump trailer Photos by WPSPIKER | Photobucket
trailer2.jpg

pre-paint photo this was built using cut & formed 14AWG 3x3x1/4" sq tube and 2x2x14awg sq tube. It was all made from 2 lengths of 3x3 and 2 sheets of 4x10x14awg hot rolled. cost about 500.00 in materials thru shop & a weeks time 6hrs/day. It was built while I was on Vacation but did bend/form & cut to size at the shop welded up using Mig. It also took a few 1/2" x 4" bar cut welded drilled for the hinges and cyl mounts.

Carry All little different than most as I used 2x2x14awg Angle Iron to reinforce 2x2x3/16" wall Tubing that I notched the tube to hold chains across it. the Notches were cut/designed to grip the chain when wrapped over it. Never thought it was much so have not posted any photos, and ones I did take are on my DOA hard drive :( (EDIT IN found the OLD post of it.) http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/42002-carry-all-attachments.html

Syrup Pan
S7000385.jpg

Yep make my own home made syrup :p Pan is 14awg SS that is Tig Welded up, (cheating a bit as I used the SHOP's Tig to make this one up.) I have since tore out the block pit and replaced it with bigger pit & sand stone
1117091623.jpg

What I used to do a lot of seen here for work related stuff. control panels I build Photos by WPSPIKER | Photobucket

General Repairs and QUICKIE projects, such as Welding up Hydraulic Cylinder Rod Ends on the backhoe or Adding FEL Hooks and Receiver Hitch to the tractor bucket. Built & installed NEW 12000LB Winch Mounting System to my Beaver Tail Trailer. reinforced the Backhoe Sub-frame mounts and moved it forward for better tractor support.

Projects I'm working towards but not finished biggest one is the "FEL Grapple" I started collecting parts but never got around to the Hydraulics, (which I did in USAF on Aircraft) so easy to do with a switched valve or adding section to the FEL control. The missing parts are the "Long Arms" and Cylinders/hoses. I have receiver parts and a few small items just no longer working where I can get the Plate cut way I need/want for the arms. Which would be a good "KIT" option as a LOT of people would like to add grapple to their FELs. Grapple is my choice but other items would be counterweights and carryalls (which I have.)

The biggest issue I see for the KITS to be come successful is figuring out WHAT is easy to CUT into shapes and EASY to SHIP that people are willing to assemble to save $. Buying a Box Blade ready made is CHEAP so much so that paying for the Steel costs almost as much as a Ready Made Painted Box Blade.

EDIT IN Sorry for long posts, Searching I tend to POST REPLY'S to questions more than my own items as I started 44 posts and have 3K posts in total... :eek:

Mark M (my TBN name is SPIKER)

Last edited:
   / ETA TBN member nomination thread #79  
OK, I'll nominate myself.

Always wanted a GRAPPLE.

Projects: heated cab on my MT180D (shown on TBN)
manual snow plow for MT180D (documented on TBN)
plow sub frame " "
electric snow blower rotation
tooth bar (documented on TBN)
Tools for project: 230 amp stick welder, grinders, painting equipment and too many hand tools LOL!

Ideally would like 'kit without hydraulics' i.e.; a cut 'ready to weld' grapple kit to fit on my 48" loader bucket.

NB,; being in Canada I'd be willing to help offset shipping somewhat.
My biggest obstacle is the cutting of the metals required for a grapple as this requires a plasma set-up which as a DIY type is not an option for the limited usage I would give it and I suspect that there are many in this situation. I would naturally provide dimensions of my loader bucket.
Also have good Canon camera for construction details (and promise many PIC's and detailed write up)

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #80  
your name is mark m/spiker , and your a broke woman?

He does state 'MY' woman being out of work for three years.....

He almost got me too:laughing: