ETA TBN member nomination thread

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #91  
Thanks Aaron!!

K nominees how about a quick blurb about yourself with links to other projects please!

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #92  
   / ETA TBN member nomination thread #93  
If I was starting a kit program and wanted some feed back I would start right at home base. EA knows his workers skil levels, why not get 5 or 6 of them give them a kit and say put it together. That way he can stand back (way back) and see what is going on right or wrong and fix it right there. Doesn't have to wait for a feed back and give anything away. The only thing I see that has to be done, is all bends and holes have to be right on. That right there could be the can of worms for him. I like the ideal and it should work. Not realy stcking his neck out, and he is wanting to try. I would say go for it and do everything right there so he can watch every step.

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #94  
If I was starting a kit program and wanted some feed back I would start right at home base. EA knows his workers skil levels, why not get 5 or 6 of them give them a kit and say put it together. That way he can stand back (way back) and see what is going on right or wrong and fix it right there. Doesn't have to wait for a feed back and give anything away. The only thing I see that has to be done, is all bends and holes have to be right on. That right there could be the can of worms for him. I like the ideal and it should work. Not realy stcking his neck out, and he is wanting to try. I would say go for it and do everything right there so he can watch every step.

Sounds like an awful lot of free advertising for the price of 1 kit that will go to a high end builder just to showcase their kits for sale ! And in today's world of cnc machines and computer generated parts they should be able to supply a kit anyone with a welder could build ! Watch it go to the guy who wouldn't buy a kit himself because he could just build his own ,we are not talking rocket scientist to build tractor attachments ! And if the guys in his shop can't build one why would you buy anything from them ? Do you honestly think the owner is still sitting on a stool with a welding helmet on ? Impossible he's too busy trying to advertise for free !

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #95  
I really dont care what the skill level of the person that gets the kit is.

You guys are missing the point and getting upset and hostile (IMO) over this issue.

EA is willing to offer a FREE kit to a fine TBN member. In turn, yes that member will build the kit, help showcase it, and do a little advertising for EA. Whats the problem? Would you rather NO ONE get the kit?? Would you rather EA as a sponser NEVER did anything like this for us members? Seriously, who complains when a vendor is offering a FREE KIT to a member???

Come on guys. Dont complain about something you are getting for free. You both had a chance to throw your name in the hat. Neither of you did. Now you are complaining about the people who did and may be getting a kit that have a slightly higher than average skill??????:mur:

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #96  
I didn't mean it the way you are thinking. He would get alot more out of watching someone put it together. I just don't see how one feed back is going to give him more info then what he aready knows. His mind is made up and he is going to try it, and why not it doesn't cost much. As for as the free kit, i wish all could get one. But keep in mind nothing is free, your time, pictures, write up, your electric and so on.
Far better way is to sell, say 100 kits and pay Say $50 to $100 for feed back forms that has all the info that he ask for send to him for the first say 50 feed backs. LD1 I hope you get it I'm sure you well do a good job, if he thinks this the best way to get feed back.

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #97  
I really dont care what the skill level of the person that gets the kit is.

You guys are missing the point and getting upset and hostile (IMO) over this issue.

EA is willing to offer a FREE kit to a fine TBN member. In turn, yes that member will build the kit, help showcase it, and do a little advertising for EA. Whats the problem? Would you rather NO ONE get the kit?? Would you rather EA as a sponser NEVER did anything like this for us members? Seriously, who complains when a vendor is offering a FREE KIT to a member???

Come on guys. Dont complain about something you are getting for free. You both had a chance to throw your name in the hat. Neither of you did. Now you are complaining about the people who did and may be getting a kit that have a slightly higher than average skill??????:mur:

I agree about the complaining part. This is all good. The people complaining about ETA's free advertising, get a grip, that's a byproduct of the market research they're doing. The skill level thing, well I have no doubt that a professional welder can built a prefab kit, and if that's ETA's decision than that's Ok too. I'd like to see if a guy with limited experience can do it and how well can he do it.

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #98  
I didn't mean it the way you are thinking. He would get alot more out of watching someone put it together. I just don't see how one feed back is going to give him more info then what he aready knows. His mind is made up and he is going to try it, and why not it doesn't cost much. As for as the free kit, i wish all could get one. But keep in mind nothing is free, your time, pictures, write up, your electric and so on.
Far better way is to sell, say 100 kits and pay Say $50 to $100 for feed back forms that has all the info that he ask for send to him for the first say 50 feed backs. LD1 I hope you get it I'm sure you well do a good job, if he thinks this the best way to get feed back.

for the amount of equipment sold on their web site and the prices they charge imo it's just a sales gimmick and nothing more ! as far as feedback they already sell these things they don't need feed back they need sales and the only way to increase sales is to sell kit form items and eliminate the wages they pay to deliver a finished product ! Maybe they should just lower the prices and more would get sold . better to sell a thousand at $400.00 than 100 at $1,000.00 ! theres something to be said for volume sales compared to max profit

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #99  
Faaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrtttttttttttttt!! There I just cut some cheese to go with all that whine!

This is a great idea put forward by EA, modified by TBN members and in my opinion everyone will and should benefit the person who gets the kits, all the other members who get to watch and learn from the experience and hopefully/especially EA. They, EA, have not only been active here on TBN but if you havent checked out their website and all their instructional videos you are in for a treat. Those videos took a lot of time and money to make and are available free to anyone. I for one am happy to help EA in any way, just wish they were not so far away from me.

Everyone has had time to add input all along, and now everyone can vote for whomever they want using whatever criteria they want to choose or NOT but enough of the sour grapes, believe me you dont want me cutting any more cheese to go with it, we already have a big enuff problem with global warming:laughing:

/ ETA TBN member nomination thread #100  
for the amount of equipment sold on their web site and the prices they charge imo it's just a sales gimmick and nothing more ! as far as feedback they already sell these things they don't need feed back they need sales and the only way to increase sales is to sell kit form items and eliminate the wages they pay to deliver a finished product ! Maybe they should just lower the prices and more would get sold . better to sell a thousand at $400.00 than 100 at $1,000.00 ! theres something to be said for volume sales compared to max profit

I think their prices are reasonable especially for shipping it to your door. I appreciate all of their how to videos and I am thankful that they sponsor the forum so we have a place to talk about tractors.