PF Engineering plans

/ PF Engineering plans #2  
I used CADPlans to build my CADDigger 728 years ago. It was not perfect, but designing from
scratch would have taken a LOT longer. They also have a small loader for garden tractors. PF
came around much later and I know little about them. If you like to cut and weld, I hope you
try one of these DIY plans.

/ PF Engineering plans
Years ago I had a Ford 1100 4wd diesel and built a BH for it from the CADPlans. I had lots of help. Our thought about the plans was that they left much to be desired though everything was there. I am wondering about the PF Engineering plans this time around. Either will have to be scaled down to fit the smaller tractor.

/ PF Engineering plans
Trust me. I have read every word on his site. What I had hoped was that there were others here who actually built from one of his plans, or at least knew first hand someone who did. Nothing like talking to someone who has firsthand impartial experience.

/ PF Engineering plans #6  
I bought a " The Ripper" kit from MetKit for my Back Hoe. Not nearly as complex as the CADDdigger, it went together well. All pieces were laser cut and fit perfectly.

/ PF Engineering plans #7  
Carol, I built a FEL using CadPlans and Metkit. Everything went well except for my substitutions. So my advice is get the metal kit or get the metal cut professionally. If/when you substitute be especially careful of the measurements.

None of my decisions were bad, just that adjusting for them added hours to the build for little savings gain. What I substituted was the hydraulics kit, and fitting the cylinders within the available mounts was problematic.

/ PF Engineering plans #8  
Hi Carol,

I obtained a set of plans for the PF backhoe some years ago. They are certainly easy to follow, some dimensions were missing and required a bit of maths to establish. Feeling is that metal sections are possibly on the light side 3mm where 6mm might be better sort of thing.

I have not actually used them yet to build the backhoe but when the w/shop has a new roof and and more space they will be reviewed again.

I also have a set of Ubuild plans - heavier stuff and a 'simpler' design but do not like the wheels/ drop arms style of working. Also drawings not quite as detailed as pf - more missing dimensions.

I have built a multi use style system with a hydraulic flail side arm flail hedge cutter, this can be removed and a hydraulic power brush and a dual gang mower (reel type) attached to the base frame. The intention is to use PF designs to build a backhoe to attach to this frame system.

Here in UK the major market is in small 1 ton tracked diggers which are cheap to rent (£250 / week) and have some serious power ability.

/ PF Engineering plans
When I did the BH for the Ford with CADplans years ago, I also used the Metkit. Don't have that option with the PF Engineering plans. The plans are ordered. When I see them I will see what format is necessary for a shop to cut out the parts for me. Since I plan to scale the plans down some, that will present another interesting challenge. I also plan on a finger in place of the bucket, though I will make the bucket also. Another aberration is that I plan to make it out of plywood first for proof of concept and to get all the hydraulics operational. Since there may well be a variety of hydraulics that do not exactly match up, some innovation will be required.

An understatement if I ever made one.

/ PF Engineering plans #10  
I have talked to PF on the phone.I had planned on going out to see his setup since he is only about 2 hrs from me.He invites anybody to come out.