ideas for clearing grown in trails

/ ideas for clearing grown in trails #41  
Sorry about that! If it does cut 1 1/2", It is definitely better than mine. Just little pricey for me, that's all.

/ ideas for clearing grown in trails #42  
I want to build something that I could mount to an ATV or ATV trailer or small tractor that would cut the branches that grow into the local trails, mostly spruce 3/4" diameter max. Is there anything like this that exists I could copy. I have seen snowmobile trail groomers that have an old style hay mower mounted vertically. What would cut best, rotary blades such as a bush hog, flail mower, hedge trimmer style?

Have you looked at Swisher's line of ATV trail mowers for ideas? I have one of their 20 HP rough cut rotary cutters and it seems stout enough to do what you describe.

/ ideas for clearing grown in trails #43  
   / ideas for clearing grown in trails #44  
What do you think it ought to cost?

Here's the facts, Jack: Sabre Samurai | Features

Yeah, $1450.00 is a good chunk. It sounds like a sweet machine, but I would really like to hear from owners/users for a straight performance opinion with all the pros and cons.
So if you are a proud owner, please chime in and let us know.

/ ideas for clearing grown in trails #45  
That's what I asked for in my thread, linked to in an earlier post in this thread. I asked for current owner's to step up and some did......

/ ideas for clearing grown in trails #46  
I like to cut branches back to the truck, not leave a stiff trailside stub to bump into. If you are not talking about miles of trails that are only ridden, a handy tool to carry on your walks is an axe handle with a pole saw blade bolted onto the head end. You can reach about 10 feet up a trunk and it is not too awkward to carry.

Bruce

/ ideas for clearing grown in trails #47  
A little different approach to keeping trails open but works for me. I have a sprayer on my ATV with an "end of boom" nozzle mounted on the back corner of the rack I use around field edges and trails. 2 4 D or brush killer does the trick.

/ ideas for clearing grown in trails #48  
   / ideas for clearing grown in trails #49  
Thats what it says. What itll do varies with material. Perhaps you missed my post on another thread that has performance info pertaining to actual use.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/319308-anyone-own-one-these-samuri.html?highlight=#post3861720

Thanks, but no, I didn't miss what you said in the other thread, in fact I referred to the other thread, as shown above, as reference to my lack of bias. I was merely correcting the statement about the Samuri being limited to 1/2" material, which is a long way off the manufacturer's stated diameter of 1 1/2". Of course use is going to vary some, even though the blades allow 1 1/2" inch material to fit doesn't translate to everything that diameter is going to be cut, or cut easily...
Suffice it to say each users MMV.

/ ideas for clearing grown in trails #50