Dad's Large Homemade Tractor

/ Dad's Large Homemade Tractor #1  

bluetractorfred

Tractor
Homemade
Hey there,
I'm not much of a tractors guy myself but I thought I would share with you my Dad's homemade tractor that he built in 1979 which he used until he retired about 2 and a half decades later. Part of the reason we are sharing it is because my Dad would like to get in contact with others who have made their own tractor, so if that is you, send me a PM.

Thanks

bluetractor.png

About 2 minutes in you will see the tractor operating in its final run.

/ Dad's Large Homemade Tractor #2  
Very cool... Looks like a beast! 400 lbs/TQ !

/ Dad's Large Homemade Tractor #3  
Very nice. You don't see that ingenuity very often. I've known people that have built homemade tractors but never on that scale.

/ Dad's Large Homemade Tractor #4  
That's absolutely awesome! Aussie engineering at its finest.

I'd like to see a breakdown of how he built each section, and also the problems he faced and the solutions that he came up with.

/ Dad's Large Homemade Tractor #5  
Really impressive tractor your dad built there. Testimony to his craftsmanship that it ran so long.

I've built a lot of machines, but no big tractors.

I grew up near Steffen's and they made their own balers, stackers, compressors, the whole works. Really impressive watching their machines. I think they've mostly switched out for the big high speed balers from Hesston, and a lot of the stackers and loaders are now Cat machines. But I've heard that some of the machines they made are still running on farms in the Willamette valley.

Here are some videos I found. Your dad might enjoy seeing what farmer on this side of the big pond have built.

Steffen 8x8 big balers - YouTube

81 road loader and 77 big baler - YouTube

Steffen Big Bale Stacker - YouTube

steffen hay loader - YouTube

/ Dad's Large Homemade Tractor #7  
My home made projects have so far been implements. I don't see any way I could get past step #2 on a build of that scope.

Very impressive.

/ Dad's Large Homemade Tractor #9  
That is really cool.

/ Dad's Large Homemade Tractor #10  
70s? Yep looks like complete with smokey and the bandits CB antenna. ...what an undertaking