Dad's Large Homemade Tractor

/ Dad's Large Homemade Tractor #11  
My compliments to your father. Never in my wildest dreams would I have suspected someone would or could build something as large and capable as that tractor in any kind of acceptable time frame.

/ Dad's Large Homemade Tractor #12  
Really something...at the start of the video when he pulled the tractor up...I said to myself.."that really sounds like a Detroit"/// WoW...I used to run a Euclid earth mover dump unit that had a 4-71 in it..run that sucker wide open all the time...just don't over rev it...VERY NEET! Bobg in VA

/ Dad's Large Homemade Tractor #13  
Very impressive tractor. I ran a AC HD10 crawler with a 4-71 in it in the summer of 1963.

I don't know if your Dad has gotten any replies from Australia, but I've built 2 tractors, the large one also in 1979. It's not as large as your Dad's but it's done a lot of work. It has a Chevy 230 engine and a four speed truck transmission.

The garden tractor is 4wd articulated hydrostatic drive with a Honda CX500 motorcycle engine.

Image016.jpg

Image009.jpg

/ Dad's Large Homemade Tractor
Thanks all for your kind responses and compliments, I showed your posts to my Dad and he read them all, I can tell he really appreciated it, it's quite a niche interest so to get feedback from around the world on something he's kept quiet for many years is fantastic. I'll try and get some more personal replies to some of your posts soon.