Backhoe Ripper

/ Backhoe Ripper #1  

MoDMaN007

Tractor
Kubota B2620
Hello Everyone....Long time Reader but pretty weak in the Posting and contributing department.

Since I have definitly taken more info from this forum then I have contributed I decided to share an upgrade I built for my backhoe.

After being thoroughly disappointed with the stump removing capabilities of my 16" bucket and after pricing out some of the options forsale online I decided to make my own because I was too cheap to shell out $500 plus (after exchange) for somthing I could make for under $100.

So after stealing some idea's from other posts heres the finished product....If it ever stops raining around here I might get a chance to use it.

Attachments

• 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,497
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 908
  • 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,107
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,551
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 720
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,043
   / Backhoe Ripper #2  
I like the serrations, which will likely prove well worth the fabrication time, and the generic, replaceable point.

Look forward to reading field reports on how claw works for root cutting / stump removal.

Last edited:
   / Backhoe Ripper #3  
Looks like a nice build and it seems you saved a lot of cash. Hopefully the rain will ease of for you soon.

/ Backhoe Ripper #4  
NICE BUILD!

/ Backhoe Ripper #5  
Hello Everyone....Long time Reader but pretty weak in the Posting and contributing department.

Since I have definitly taken more info from this forum then I have contributed I decided to share an upgrade I built for my backhoe.

After being thoroughly disappointed with the stump removing capabilities of my 16" bucket and after pricing out some of the options forsale online I decided to make my own because I was too cheap to shell out $500 plus (after exchange) for somthing I could make for under $100.

So after stealing some idea's from other posts heres the finished product....If it ever stops raining around here I might get a chance to use it.

Very good looking ripper there. I thought about building myself one at times but never did it. Roots can be a bear to get through with a bucket on a compact tractor hoe. Concentrating all the hoe force on one tooth and claw should do some damage to stump roots. I'm wondering if a more blade shaped tip would work best, sort of like a big heavy vertical machete or axe blade on a hoe. It would probably go dull too quickly with rocks. Maybe a rock point instead of a regular point would tear into things quicker and easier. I like the manual thumb you have too which makes it that much more useful. I'd like to hear how it goes.

/ Backhoe Ripper
Thanks guys....actually still raining here but seeing as its my last day off might have to brave the water and see how it holds up. Got a stump with its name all over it just waiting.
Back to work tomorrow calling for clear skies and sun for the next 5 days...grrr:irked:

Very good looking ripper there. I thought about building myself one at times but never did it. Roots can be a bear to get through with a bucket on a compact tractor hoe. Concentrating all the hoe force on one tooth and claw should do some damage to stump roots. I'm wondering if a more blade shaped tip would work best, sort of like a big heavy vertical machete or axe blade on a hoe. It would probably go dull too quickly with rocks. Maybe a rock point instead of a regular point would tear into things quicker and easier. I like the manual thumb you have too which makes it that much more useful. I'd like to hear how it goes.

I thought about doing one like bxexpanded sells but being fresh out of cnc cutting tables I would have to free hand it and she might come out looking errr..shakey. Not sure how the cutting end would hold up just being steel also. Thats why I decided to go with the changable cutting tooth.

/ Backhoe Ripper
Well I braved the crappy weather and gave this thing a try.

The bad news first....The paint job aint so shiny anymore. :(

The good news....It didn't break in half.
Its always nice when something you welded doesn't immediatly fall apart :)

Worked pretty well....much better than the bucket.
First stump popped out so quick I decided to get a second one.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 777
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 700
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 677
   / Backhoe Ripper
Second one put up much more of a fight.....Had some thick legs and was intertwined with two other trees and god know what else.

So 2 down 100 to go....last pic shows the forest that is coming down to make room for a second garage.

Attachments

• 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 579
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 389
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 424
  • 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 610
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 604
   / Backhoe Ripper #9  
Cannot admonish you that the soil is too dry ~~~~~~

/ Backhoe Ripper
Cannot admonish you that the soil is too dry ~~~~~~

LOL....definitly not. Early spring plus been raining for a few days...does nothing good for low spots.

We still have some snow in the bush up here melting....its definitly not Florida. :)