Backhoe Ripper

/ Backhoe Ripper #11  
Golly, I'll bet you have to buy both LONG sleeve and short sleeve shirts in Northern Ontario.

/ Backhoe Ripper #12  
Nice job on the ripper. I didn't build mine but I designed it and had Michigan Iron fabricate it. They've made a few improvements over the years. I found it very useful and far more efficient than the standard 18" bucket on my Woods BH90x. My ripper didn't have teeth on the front and that allowed roots to slide up un cut. I welded on a piece of drilling rod to the front and back of the blade to snag and rip roots. Works better now.

Mine has the side supports perpendicular to the blade which allows me to scoop out dirt. Works kind of like a 9" trenching bucket which has been useful for laying water lines too.

/ Backhoe Ripper #13  
See, now I don't have to design one. I like your design, but I think on something like this- you should try cutting your edge free hand. Heck, tree roots don't care! I did my tooth bar free hand and they certainly don't call me Mr steady with a plasma torch. Turned out actually pretty well.

/ Backhoe Ripper #14  
I have found when clearing trees it is easier leave the tree standing, then to rip roots on 2 sides and the nearside from one backhoe setup and then push the tree over while the tree is still standing before cutting it off from the stump. The tree weight helps rip the stump out of the ground.

/ Backhoe Ripper
See, now I don't have to design one. I like your design, but I think on something like this- you should try cutting your edge free hand. Heck, tree roots don't care! I did my tooth bar free hand and they certainly don't call me Mr steady with a plasma torch. Turned out actually pretty well.

:D actually did cut the teeth freehand and the side stabilizers....Im half *** steady over short distances.

/ Backhoe Ripper #16  
I have found when clearing trees it is easier leave the tree standing, then to rip roots on 2 sides and the nearside from one backhoe setup and then push the tree over while the tree is still standing before cutting it off from the stump. The tree weight helps rip the stump out of the ground.

Exactly the technique I use. Works well, leaves a much smaller divot than digging out the stump and is much faster. Add a grapple to take the uprooted tree away and you can knock off one tree every fifteen minutes or so including removal.

/ Backhoe Ripper #18  
There may still be lurking on the internet a PDF book "How to clear land" howtoclearland.com From New York. The root clean up and stump disposal where well written about.

Great build. Looking forward to seeing your root rake.

I'm a farmer. Having enrollment in an government programs results in needing to get permission to remove any stump, dig near anything possibility "wet land".

/ Backhoe Ripper #19  
looks great I have all the parts cut on mine just waiting for my bx expanded quick change to come in to finish the mount. Just in case any unforseen clearance issues come up.

/ Backhoe Ripper
Thanks.....Cant wait to see your's when your finnished. Also wouldn't mind some nice close up shots of that quick change if you could be so kind.